Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#337149 08/30/07 09:51 AM
L
lynlin Offline OP
OP Offline
L
What is the Etiquette "NO-NO" that really pushes your buttons?
I have several, but I'll only list two for the moment:

1. People who don't wash their hand after using the bathroom. Especially in public restrooms. Not only is this a breach of etiquette but it's entirely too unsanitary!

2. Sales people who ignore their customers.

Marjorie Bishop
Etiquette
Sponsored Post Advertisement
lynlin #337195 08/30/07 12:00 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
When you go through the check out lanes at the local grocery store and the cashier is talking to the bagger or other cashier near them about their date last night, what happened at school that day, how much they need a new job, how they want to go get their hair done this weekend, etc, etc,

I have went to the service desk to complain about them and I have also said that no one cares and they need to save it for break time. It shuts them up usually or they get smart with me.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
People who talk on their mobile phones while in the bathroom! (!!!!!) I used to work for a mobile phone company and it was horrible how many people on break used the toilet while they were on the phone! I started flushing continuously until they had to leave because they could not hear.

K i K i #337225 08/30/07 01:05 PM
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
Oh I have another one to add. Drivers who do not stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk! I've been nearly hit more times than I care to recall and I've seen the same thing happen to others. I have even seen people's grocery carts sideswiped because someone was in a hurry and couldn't bother to obey the law by stopping!

The way I see it is that they feel their time is more important than my life because that what it boils down to. I find that incredibly offensive.

K i K i #337498 08/31/07 11:13 AM
L
lynlin Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you Jeanette and KiKi (this is about etiquette and one must practice what one preaches ;))for your posts. Customer service is another area I feel strongly about and intend to address at a future time. Rude (and dangerous) drivers also have a very high ranking on my "ooooooo how dare they" list along with chat and forum flamers. I think it has a lot to do with their feelings of anonymity. I shall also be talking about these issues at some point.

Marjorie Bishop
Etiquette
lynlin #337510 08/31/07 11:35 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Several things push my buttons - or "get my goat" as we say here in the UK....though I have noooooooooo idea why - !1
One is dog-owners who permit their dogs to foul public places.
Two is those who barge past and knock into you then either ignore their own bad manners, or glare at you like it's your fault.... this includes times I hold doors open for people.
Three is parent of badly-behaved children. the kids are bad enough, but discipline - like charity - begins at home...

On a personal note that I find works really well, if I have a complaint about something, 20 times out of ten (!) it's not the fault of the person I'm complaining to....so I tell them, politely and kindly that I know this, but they are the poor sucker who has to listen to my rant, and I really appreciate it, because they must have such a tough job, and it's not fair to take it out on them, but I'm really quite mad about whatever-it-is....this is either face-to-face or on the 'phone, it really doesn't matter...

and do you know what?
It reaps me incredibly successful results! Because I recognise their humanity, and the cruddy job they have, and they really appreciate someone polite not venting at them!

Thank you for listening.
(I got that from Doctor Frazier Crane.... laugh )

lynlin #337511 08/31/07 11:35 AM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
One more that gets me, when someone talks while holding a wad of food in their cheek like they are a chipmunk or a squirrel. You have to sit back and pray it doesn't come spewing with the next word or if they go into a coughing fit lol.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
F
Gecko
Gecko
F
"People who don't wash their hand after using the bathroom. Especially in public restrooms. Not only is this a breach of etiquette"

Isn't it a breach of etiquette to pay attention to what other people are doing in public restrooms?

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Women who put on make-up while driving and men who try to read the newspaper while driving.

Those things really lump my gravy

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
L
lynlin Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you all for your posts. Great idea for "complaining" properly Alexandra. One will usually get a better response when using your methods.

Jeanette, one of my future topics will cover dining etiquette, including taking small bites.

When a person opens the stall door, bypasses the handsink and exits the restroom Frank, one can't help but notice they've not washed their hands. Now if one was peeking into the stall to see what people are doing, that would be a major breach of etiquette.

Too right Vance, drivers that "multi-task" are a horror waiting to happen.

Marjorie Bishop
Etiquette
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Decorum-Is-Key Lisa 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.