Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
smile

I think it's good sometimes to laugh in the face of problems... so i just Googled "jokes sleep" and found this one (now why didn't i think of that?):

Eddy went to a psychiatrist. "Doc," he said, "I've got trouble. Every time I get into bed, I think there's somebody under it. I get under the bed, I think there's somebody on top of it. Top, under, top, under. "You gotta help me, I'm going crazy!"

"Just put yourself in my hands for two years," said the shrink. "Come to me three times a week, and I'll cure your fears."

"How much do you charge?"

"A hundred dollars per visit."

"I'll sleep on it," said Eddy.

Six months later the doctor met Eddy on the street. "Why didn't you ever come to see me again?" asked the psychiatrist.

"For a hundred buck's a visit? A bartender cured me for ten dollars."

"Is that so! How?"

"He told me to cut the legs off the bed!"

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wolf
Wolf
That was good joke.

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
A man absolutely hated his wife's cat and decided to get rid of him one day by driving him 20 blocks from his home and leaving him at the park.

As he was getting home, the cat was walking up the driveway.

The next day he decided to drive the cat 40 blocks away. He put the beast out and headed home.

Driving back up his driveway, there was the cat!

He kept taking the cat further and further and the cat would always beat him home. At last he decided to drive a few miles away, turn right, then left, past the bridge, then right again and another right until he reached what he thought was a safe distance from his home and left the cat there.

Hours later the man calls home to his wife: "Ann, is the cat there?"

"Yes", the wife answers, "why do you ask?"

Frustrated, the man answered, "Put him on the phone, I'm lost and need directions!"

Wolf
Wolf
Holly, this was a lovely joke. can you imagine the expressions of this man?

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
smile

Wolf
Wolf
You mean to say that man laughed?

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
laugh I don't know, but i hope he did!

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Three lawyers and three engineers were traveling by train to the same meeting. At the station, the lawyers each buy a ticket but the engineers buy just one. When asked why, the engineers coyly said "You'll see."

They all board the train, the lawyers taking seats, but the three engineers all crowding into the bathroom. After the train has left, the conductor comes around and takes the lawyers tickets and knocks on the bathroom door and says, "Ticket please." An arm stretches out from the bathroom and the
conductor takes the proffered ticket. The lawyers were very impressed.

On the return trip, the lawyers proposed to emulate the engineers and bought only one ticket. To their amazement, the engineers bought no ticket at all. When asked, the engineers said, "You'll see."

All board the train and the lawyers and engineers cram into separate bathrooms to await the conductor. After a few minutes,
one of the engineers emerges from the bathroom, goes over to the lawyers' bathroom, knocks on the door and says: "Ticket
please."

P
Shark
Shark
P
Originally Posted By: hollyelise
I used to think being silly was somehow unevolved. But after living through some experiences where everything was deadly serious, i came to appreciate play and being silly, and even all the "unimportant" stuff in society as being very important indeed!

Play helps us to relieve stress, it helps us focus on the good parts of life, it helps us to bond with others over sharing good feelings, it brings us into the moment, it recharges our energy and so many wonderful things.

Have you played today? Have you told a joke? Have you been willing to be silly and risk letting others see you that way? Can you play with children like you are a child yourself?

I watched a comedy today.

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
That's good. smile

I have been playing with my cat. I had a acquaintance who took in a rescue dog who had been mistreated. I learned a lot from one off-hand remark she made. She said, "I'm trying to teach this dog a sense of humor."

I'd never realized before that like humans, some pets have a good sense of humor and others do not. And a sense of humor can, indeed, be taught, and help both humans and animals to be more confident and secure.

My cat is also a rescue animal, and either he did not have a sense of humor when i got him, or we didn't understand eachothers' senses of humor. Together we've been coming up with more games we can play. For instance now he understands that when i act "threatening" in certain ways that it is a good game and he's not afraid and it has helped to build trust and his security. I'll use my "big voice" and wave my arms or stomp and he knows it's time for play! laugh He likes confrontational games, so this lets him be a wild tiger without being truly aggressive. He's learned that i won't ever hurt him, and he is gradually learning to be gentle and not bite hard.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.