logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
L
Hi everyone

I've been working as a successful Virtual Assistant from home since 2002. I use all my admin and secretarial skills and really enjoy it.

It's not to be confused with data entry or envelope stuffing scams!

I basically freelance as an assistant to any company who needs an extra pair of hands, but doesn't need me to be on-site. The kind of work I do involves: customer support, dealing with email, handling orders, updating websites, typing, formatting documents, designing brochures, flyers, research, editing and proofreading and any number of other tasks.

Most of my clients hadn't even heard of or worked with a Virtual Assistant before. Once they did hear about the benefits of outsourcing to a Virtual Assistant, they jumped on board pretty much straight away. That means that the number of potential clients out there is huge, once business owners learn about the concept and how much time it saves them.

If anyone's interested in becoming a Virtual Assistant, I've written a free ebook 'The 7 Things You MUST Know Before Starting Your Successful Virtual Assistant Business' which anyone can download at:

http://www.virtualpabusiness.com

All the best

Lisa

Lisa Taliga, Virtual PA
Earn an income from home by using your admin and secretarial skills
Get your FREE ebook here:
http://www.virtualpabusiness.com
http://www.virtualpa.com.au
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Hi,

I am a physician by training, so naturally I have a deep passion for helping people get and stay healthy. I have 2 businesses. One is as an independent associate for Isagenix, an incredible natural nutritional supplement company. I have tried many natural supplements in the past 10+ years and none come close to these products. Jack Canfield (co-author, Chicken Soup for the Soul) and Dr. John Gray (author, Women Are from Venus, Men Are from Mars) both use and endorse the products, as do many physicians. There are weight loss/cleansing products, skin products, and nutritional products. The company started in 2002 and has already made 10 millionaires! It just costs $49 to sign up as an associate and you immediately get your own Isagenix web site which can start taking orders the instant it goes up. My site isBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

A. Maria Hester, M.D.
Gynecology and Geriatrics Editor
Power to the Patient!
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
S
S
I am a freelance Java Programmer. Also do database work as well.

Is dry skin a struggle for you?
Find effective dry skin treatment and solution that works atBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
I have several businesses that I run from my home and that enable me to be self supporting.
I started them whilst caring for my mom during her illness ~ I was the sole caregiver 24/7/365 for 3 years. After mom passed away I decided to stay with it and devote more hours to it than I care to divulge. However, anything good is worth the work, IMHO. It's paid off because this year I finally came out in the black with a profit, not the red. WooHoo!

My businesses are:

• fashion jewelry designer
  • wedding and prom jewelry designer
  • textile and fiber product and pattern designer ~ LOL translate = crochet and cross stitched baby clothes and accessories, women's fashion accessories, and cross stitch patterns
  • website and ebay store designer
  • marketing and SEO service provider
  • nature photographer
  • local antiques dealer

I've had more than my share of 20 hour days, however after a long time things settled down and now I work a more or less "normal" week but it's intense. However, I like the diversification in what I do and that's what helps me keep not only my interest in it but also the money coming in........ when one thing slows down another always picks up. I don't like boxing myself in a corner with just one or two things.

I'm very happy working for myself, essentially I'm working for my clients, of course! I would never trade this for going back to work for someone in an office or wherever unless the bottom had fallen hopelessly out of everything.

It's a nice life, hard work but I'm ok with that.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Just wanted to update and say that I'm selling children's books now and doing really well with that.

Here my Squidoo site with links to everything I'm involved in:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Shark
Shark
Oooh, Michianna, what an interesting topic!

A Career of Projects is how I describe what I do. (The link is to my blog post on the subject.)

I write. A lot. Nonfiction articles, website content, and the occasional business writing.

I take on a few Business Coach clients, that I feel are truly motivated. I'm super selective about who I take on, though. I want the clients that are truly ready to design their life to be what they really want. A lot of folks will say they're ready, but they don't want to do the work.

I do graphic design. You wouldn't know it from the lack of graphics on my blog, but I do that too.

I produce events. Like Disaster Training for emergency personnel. (Although, that may not count as from home, as I tend to travel for those.)

I fix up my house. In fact, I often have to take my laptop to a coffee shop to get writing done, to not sidetrack myself with refinishing cabinets and the like.

I perform. (Acting, Comedy, Dance, Juggling. Fire juggling comes next!) The business of which is done from home.

I lead workshops & events. The business of which is also done from home.

I know this sounds like way too much for one person, but I'm not doing everything on one day. I just wanted to illustrate the variety of projects that make up my business. The business of being Me is certainly a fun one!

Oh, and last but not least, I recently joined BellaOnline as the Business Coach Editor. I'm super excited about that. I like the idea of being able to help so many people at one time to create a life's work that really fits who they are and their own passions.

S
S
Hi I'm Sandra and I'm a virtual assistant working from home in Australia. I've been a VA for almost four years and have 19 prior secretarial years of experience behind me. I work about 35+ hours a week, but spread out all over the place, seven days a week really, around my children, family, social commitments, etc. I also developed an info site for prospective and existing VAs.

Kindest regards
Sandra

Sandra Fraser
Great information for those who want to work from home
[url=www.virtual-assistant-advice.com]www.virtual-assistant-advice.com[/url]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  CarlaCano-Walking Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.