Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Have you ever seen the board game called Othello? This section of the forum reminds me of it. In Othello you have a board of 64 squares, and there are 64 pieces that are black on one side and white on the other. One player is white, the other black. On your turn you play your color to "flip" the most pieces that show your opponent's color, to your own color. I come online, and i see cdmohatta's name on the posts, or Alexandra's, or anyone's, and i start to "flip" as many posts as i can in the time i have... then someone comes in soon after me and does the same! We didn't mean it as a game... this just sort of happened. smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
I love othello!!! I used to play it all the time with my dad when I was a kid! laugh

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
It matters. It matters a lot.
If someone tells me that, i would throw a party.

how do you know you don't have the highest IQ here, cd? Maybe you do.

intelligence is a great gift, and you have an abundance of it! Celebrate that.

And celebrate other great qualities you have: you are kind and you are a very creative thinker... and both of those qualities i think are more valuable than whether you can find the next shape in a sequence or the other things they measure on IQ tests!

Einstein was considered a dunce all his early life... and even sometimes believed to be retarded. He failed many courses. It's a good thing for us that he didn't let it stop him from thinking his own thoughts and speaking from his own sense of truth.

People are complex. We can't sum up their value by I.Q. or personality tests. All i know is that i've learned more from you than the vast majority of people i meet, and i continue to learn. You have helped me a great deal by having a special combination of intelligence and kindness, and by speaking your truth and being genuine.

I think you should have a party for being you. smile

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great writer.

When asked to define great, he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!"

He now works for Microsoft writing error messages.

Wolf
Wolf
Holly, Is this a joke?

Wolf
Wolf
You mean to say that i should have a party for being myself.
Not because I am the most intelligent person around here?
What if I propose your name for the Chair of the genius club?
Will your opinion change about this party business?

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
I hoped it was a joke, but i guess it wasn't funny... !

You might have the highest IQ here, i think it more likely you do than me,

How do I explain how i feel about this... hmmm....?

I live in a college town... not just any, but a prestigeous one... lots of unusually smart people here. My dad was a professor. He has 5 higher learning degrees. My mom had a great education too, and they met at university. My brother and sister both went on to graduate school and graduated at the top of their classes. I'm more the "leftover child." I'm smart, but not that smart.

I like being around intelligent people. There are more ideas, of greater variety. There are the arts, and lots of new things and growth and invention. But over time i learned to put IQ and degrees in their proper place. They do not guarantee a person is whole, kind, successful or wise. My brother is the most smart of all of us, but i wonder sometimes... if he's so smart, why is he on wife number three because the first two would not stay with him, and why is he not even living with wife number three full time? Why won't he ever try to know his sister?

When real life's challenges are mostly about picturing little boxes on their sides and matching them... that's when i'll start to care more about IQ. It's not that it means nothing... it's just that it's only a little part of what makes a good human being. You have a great blend of high intelligence, knowledge, creativity, kindness, wisdom, and practical sense. IQ does not measure kindness, wisdom, creativity, or practical sense, and very little knowledge. My brother has "book smarts," his IQ in the range where they can't even accurately measure. He's even very creative, too. But he's also selfish, judgmental, and unwise. What you have, regardless of whether your IQ is off the charts or only fairly high, is still far more valuable in life and to others than his because of the whole person you are. What good is being smart, if you have no soul to apply it to good use?

Perhaps this is a game (who chairs... who is smartest)... but i don't wish to compete.

Wolf
Wolf
That is a good post.
Heard of EQ?
But all these do not help unless we become happy and live a fulfilled life.

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
EQ is Emotional Quotient, yes? Someone wrote a book about it... i have not read it. Have you?

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Wolf
Wolf
I have read a lot about all this. These tests make us think. That is good.

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.