logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Koala
Koala
MMM I am Glad I found this thread!!! I could not figure out what was going on and I didnt want to jump to the wrong conclution or offende you by asking any questions!!! I have a friend with multiple personality disorder so I can understand to a point what is going on. I use to walk on egg shells so not to say the wrong thing and upset her and she just got worse until her protector came out and told me they liked me better when i wasnt so patronising and scared!!! lol after that I was just my self and it all worked out!!!!

I just thought I would throw that out there before we all made that mistake!!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Shark
Shark
A
Dear Harmony,

As always, yours is the voice of love and understanding. I can assure you that Patience very much admires you too and has often said so within our system.

I have conveyed your good wishes to her and she thanks you sincerely.

With gratitude,

Ann.

Koala
Koala
So Ann are you part of Percy and Patience too? Im confused?

A
Shark
Shark
A
Hi Freebubbles, and all our friends here,

You can ask any questions you like. We will not be offended. I think questions help people to understand DID/MPD.

One of the difficulties in dealing with people with this condition is that you can never be sure that the person you begin a conversation with is the same one right through! We can 'switch' rapidly, so that you might be talking to Patience at the start, but half way through the conversation Percy or I or one of the others might pop in, and our view of things might be quite different, so you end up with what appears to be contradictions. It can be so confusing for friends and associates when this happens.

It is true. Just being yourself when speaking with a multiple, and not being scared is important. If you encounter a problem, you might ask them 'who' you are speaking with, and that is usually appreciated.

It depends too on how far the person has come in their healing. Different alters will possibly be at different levels. We start out often not even knowing our other parts, but with good therapy and 'inner' work, we can reach a point of what we call 'co-consciousness' with most parts. Sometimes with all parts - but it takes a lot of time and hard work. It begins with communicating with our other parts, and loving and respecting them for the roles they have played in our lives. They are the reasons why we survived. So we can reach a point where we are completely 'in tune' with them and know what they think and feel. Some may even be able to integrate back into the host, which is what Patience and I are working on now. I am the 'inner helper' of the system. The system usually consists of children of various ages, teenagers and adult alters. You have protectors, gate-keepers, and many other roles within the system.

Unfortunately there are often destructive parts which have not responded to therapy. The reasons vary, as Percy described. Often it is because they are just too young and too hurt to understand and to reach. Some lie very deep in the system so we don't even know they are there until something happens to trigger them and bring them out. Sometimes the 'host' loses time, and can't remember having done things, or said things, because an 'unknown' part has come out and then returned 'inside' - leaving the host with amnesia of that time and what happened in that time. (for example, you might find clothes, or some other item which you know 'you' didn't purchase!)

Some think they are still living in the days of the abuse, and I wouldn't be surprised if 'IT' believes he/she is still back in the early 1940's!

Oh, and I want to make clear that it was nothing on the Spirituality forum which triggered this event. It was on the 'Self Develoment' forum, when Patience's healing methods were challenged, and she was told that she 'didn't want to heal' - which of course is quite untrue, considering the tremendous obstacles she has overcome in her life. When we have great trauma in our lives, we cannot possibly have great achievements unless we have also experienced great healing, and Patience's achievements have indeed been notable and amazing in all she has undertaken. The DID is not something she, or any other multiple can just 'drop' and walk away from. You learn to live with it, and make the most of the talents and abilities you have. It isn't easy, and it doesn't happen in a 'quick fix' - but it is possible to achieve great things.

Patience sends you all her love.

With all good wishes,

Ann.

A
Shark
Shark
A
Sorry Freebubbles, your post went up while I was writing the above!

Yes, I am the inner helper. Patience is the original birth child from whom we all split. These 'splits' occurred over a period of 17 years, beginning from infancy.

Some of our parts have already integrated. These include a 9 mth old baby, a 3yr old and a 5yr old.

It's a very interesting subject, and I'm happy to answer any questions any of you might have.

With love,

Ann.

H
Shark
Shark
H

[/quote]

Had I - for one - known that this could happen, I'm sure for my part I would have been more cautious and meticulous about wording and expressing any comments or communications.
I learn something new every day, but Gosh! There are things I so wish I'd known before. [/quote]

Every word we speak we should think before we say anything,kinda like when we throw a rock into a lake and we see the ripple effect it makes...the same goes with what we say.

Isint this similar to what buddhism teaches you alexandra?

Hope816 #319287 06/03/07 10:33 PM
Koala
Koala
Ok so if your open to Questions... I have one is it posible to have the disorder and not know it? and can it be dormant for most of the time and then so trigger is pulled and your alterpersonality comes forth?

ok I have two questions. Like I said my friend has this and she can change rapidly with no warning. and she changes her thought patterns and voice, posture the whole nine yards. Most people dont get to know her well enought to know she has changed. I have known her for years and now I work at the same place as her.

with that said, some of the other workers dont like her because she forgets things and is generaly jumpy, nervous...
How could I help her? I dont want to out her if she doesnt want them to know whats going on but I think it would help everyone understand her and put her more at ease as well as the rest of us!!! I truly dont think she realizes what is going on. I think she thinks everyone just dont like her.

So any ideas?

A
Shark
Shark
A
Dear Freebubbles,

It is so thoughtful of you to want to find ways to help your friend.

First of all, it is possible to be DID and not know it. Many find that they have to go 'through the psychiatic system' for some time before the condition is correctly diagnosed. This is because many therapists are not experienced with DID and mistake the symptoms for other things.

Usually there are situations where a person 'loses time' and suffers amnesia concerning things they have said, or done. You might find yourself in a place that you don't remember going to, and have no idea how you got there!

People may tell you that you sometimes act and speak like a child, or that you 'keep changing' in your ways or your ideas. This happens because at the start, you are not co-conscious with your different alters so you are not aware when you switch, and another personality comes out.

It is difficult to say how you can help others to understand, because most people with DID do not want others around them to know.

Is your friend seeing a reputable therapist? Having qualified help with DID is extremely important.

What I am going to do at this point, is to give you a couple of links which I think will help you, and also be helpful to your friend.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Koala
Koala
Well she has been to many pycho docs put through electo shock just to name a few so Dr.s are out of the running with her!!! I think with all the meds (not like one or two pills i mean like 10 to 15 at a time) and the shock therapy it has horrified her!!! plus she is what I call a discerner. she can empathize with others to a fault, plus she has a spiritual nature she hears Gods voice and sees angels some times too... and this is went she is in her more sane times not when she is suisidal or in disstress!!! I would not have believed her but I can sometimes see things that others cant and It is usualy a warning to get away or more of a comforting peacefull thing and I have been there when she talks in tongues and have seen the shiny balls of light that I realy did not know what there was until she started talking to them and turned around and said to me A AH the told me you could see them too and you can!!!

Yeah I told her I couldnt and basicly lied and got caught!! I was worried about her because my mom told me she was nuts and not to upset her.... I was about 10 at the time!!!

I thank you for your links they explan alot!!!
and thank you for your openness and helpful spirit!!!

bubbles

A
Shark
Shark
A
This is the link to the home page of the first link I gave. It contains just about everything anyone wishing to know about DID/MPD might desire to know.

It would be a great help to all people with DID/MPD if everyone would read through this. There is so little understanding about this condition in general.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.