C
C
lot of anger going on in here.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
pondlady #318722 06/01/07 01:27 AM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: pondlady
Sylvia, I think you are anti-abortion. Your last sentence talks about killing an unborn child, when all that is happening is a mistake is being rectified.

This is an interesting supposition. Would you agree then that this mistake may be rectified up to the minutes before the actual birth itself, thus permitting partial birth abortions of an otherwise viable fetus? Or do you draw a line before the last trimester?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
What is called partial birth abortion by the anti abortion league is done for
the most compelling of circumstances-- to protect a woman's health or life or because of grave fetal abnormality....nearly all abortions are performed in the first trimester. The late term abortion procedure is "done only in cases when the woman's life is in danger or in cases of extreme fetal abnormality." There are about 450 of these procedures done yearly. They are not done because of someone's whim or last minute decision: They are medical procedures done out of necessity.

Jan Goldfield

pondlady #318821 06/01/07 12:33 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: pondlady
What is called partial birth abortion by the anti abortion league is done for
the most compelling of circumstances-- to protect a woman's health or life or because of grave fetal abnormality....nearly all abortions are performed in the first trimester. The late term abortion procedure is "done only in cases when the woman's life is in danger or in cases of extreme fetal abnormality." There are about 450 of these procedures done yearly. They are not done because of someone's whim or last minute decision: They are medical procedures done out of necessity.

After reading your post I did some research and it appears that the information you have is flawed. According to Ron Fitzgerald of the NCAP there are somewhere between 3,000 and 5,000 late term abortions performed on a yearly basis.

Seeing that the procedure is very much akin to that of an induced still birth, I do not understand how this kind of giving birth protects the mother's health or life yet how giving birth in an induced procedure at the same time in pregnancy to a live infant will jeopardize her health or life. Could you please explain?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I think the information on late term abortion depends upon whose study you read. There are hundreds of stats out there, most likely none of them true or valid. We all use numbers/statistics to prove our points when nothing whatsoever will change anyone's mind.

Jan Goldfield

pondlady #318846 06/01/07 04:25 PM
N
Gecko
Gecko
N
Freakonomics!

nosy #319278 06/03/07 09:58 PM
H
Shark
Shark
H
If late term abortions are done just because the woman changes her mind then that is a worry.
I believe that would be rarley the case but even once is to much. Surely that is not allowed and can anyone here say a woman has a right to terminate a 6 month old fetus??? NO WAY! That has got to be called murder.

Hope816 #347556 10/12/07 11:27 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: Hope816
If late term abortions are done just because the woman changes her mind then that is a worry.
I believe that would be rarley the case but even once is to much. Surely that is not allowed and can anyone here say a woman has a right to terminate a 6 month old fetus??? NO WAY! That has got to be called murder.

Is there any medically documented case that proves how a late term abortion has saved a woman's life?

C
C
this most compelling of circumstances is a crock. If a child "needs' to be aborted so late into gestation, then this presuposes that said child is viable outside of the womb. There is no sudden onset of 'must kill' orders for a child at this stage, it is only done for the sake of last minute changes of mind. One doctor mentioned in a study had been an OB for 36 years and had NEVER seen a delivery or medical need for him to remove a viable child forcibly from the womb in order to 'save the mother's life. IF (and this is a large if)a mother instantaneously develops a life threatening illness the child can be delivered safely via csec posing less/or equal to risks to mother and *compared to fatality* much less risk for viable human.
It is always going to be a tragedy to needlessly end a life, whether it's by elective abortion, murder, rape, suicide, etc. A person is no less a person if they are small, tiny, retarded, or a certain color. We cannot make distinctions on such fallacies. I have been pregnant,more than once, and each time a human resulted. Come to think of it, that's how I got here. Who are we to say who gets to live or why, by what right is this given to us. I have a special needs child who was born with a random genetic disorder on the extreme end of the autistic spectrum. She did not choose this, I sure as heck didn't, but without her here I would not be who I am. She would never get to bug the fool out of me for a Dorito, or chocolate (proving once and for all she has my tastebuds) If we don't suppose that life is a gift for all of us, then we get down to deciding for whom it is NOT a right. Some on here will not have any other person tell them it's not their RIGHT to be a lesbian, to smoke, drink, or eat cheesecake. All this hubbaloo about MY RIGHTS is just a smoke screen. We don't want our alleged rights taken away from us, so we are quick to remove them from whoever incoveniences us.
I wish more people would just be honest about what goes on with abortion. We are all intelligent women, and men (usually)and we ought to be able to call a spade a spade. Abortion terminates, ends or otherwise causes the cessation of life. Period. No religiospeak, be man or woman enough to call it what it is and not pussyfoot around with less than pleasant terminology.

Last edited by calligrapher; 11/03/07 08:58 PM.

Orthodox homeschooling mom to 7, one with Rett Syndrome
Texasdave8 #352191 11/04/07 06:08 AM
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I am just curious why Texasdave continues to FORCE himself on people who don't seem to care what he says. Doesn't sound very Christian to me.

Frankly I give NO TIME to what men say about abortion and I never will unless they can grow a uterus and find out what pregnancy really is.

I think men should be careful what they wish for, if these right wing fundies actually manage to deprive women of this right, I think women should respond by with holding sex from them ALL.

Just a thought.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.