Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#316810 05/24/07 01:41 AM
iwonder Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Does anyone have a roommate that snores and snores some more and how do you deal with it? sleep

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
My husband snores on his back so I just roll him over... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... Ive always liked listening to music, but he needs it quiet, and I dont like his snoring, so I just listen to my discman until Im almost asleep. It works perfectly!

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Oh, I have told my husband that if he ever dies in his sleep - it will be because I killed him for snoring!

He's horrible! I can hear hm two rooms away. And I already suffer from insomnia - so some nights my sanity is about to crack. He's gone to the Dr. but they say the only thing that can be done to help is surgery - and he doesn't want to have that done.

And he snores in whatever position he lays in. I am very thankful for my Ambien.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
My mom is like that.. I used to be able to hear her 3 rooms away lol she's BBAAAD

iwonder Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
The good old nudge and roll over worked for the past few years, but he's over the edge now. I'm afraid he will need surgery as well. But I need sleep and he wakes me up every night (that he doesn't end up on the sofa)! Imagine this, one night he was snoring numbers, literally. His entire life is numbers, I was amused by it, then I plugged his nose just to see what would happen. The next day I'm telling my story, he was even in stitches, and he's usually pretty sensitive about all of it. But it drives me CRAZY!

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
This needs a small surgery?

I
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I
When my husband's snoring wakes me (sometimes even his breathing bothers me!) I pop in the earplugs I keep on my nightstand, and I can't hear a thing! I'm not sure they'd work for the "three rooms away" kind of snoring, though.

iwonder Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I would wear ear plugs in a heart beat, just afraid I wouldn't wake up to the alarm in the am, and I really need the alarm. It would work ok on the weekends. Maybe I could convince him to wake me before he leaves for work, or take out the ear plug(s). Anything would be better then waking up three times a night!

Zebra
Zebra
I'm not saying this is the case here, but snoring is always seen as an almost comical complaint - yet sleep deprivation is the worst kind of torture - quite literally. It was certainbly used (and probably still is!) against prisoners of war as a means of weakening them, and is dreadfully effective at lowering the morale....
Coupled with this, there is the tension and resentment it causes in the unwilling insomniac.
It is also worth bearing in mind that the snorer is also not experiencing a 'good night's sleep'... Their loud snoring is a sign of excessive restriction of the wind passage, and they are struggling to take in enough air to breathe and to function properly. Occasionally, in extreme cases, this causes sleep apnoea - a cessation of breathing all together, when there is a pause, a silence - and the person is deprived of air completely. This can lead to medical complications and other side effects.
But it's little comfort to the partner, who not only has to endure sleepless nights, but also listen to the road-drill noise-level next to them!
you can tell I speak from experience can't you? laugh

My partner can be heard from outside the house.
That's loud.
But he's very sensitive and touchy about it. He used to get quite offended when I told him how loud he was, but now he realises it's a problem....To make matters worse, he's had his nose broken. Twice.
So I do wear earplugs, he catches the alarm and then wakes me, (but I usually wake up before him anyway, such is my body-clock accustomed to the hour....)

The best practical measures for a snorer are to watch their weight, because excess chubbyness round the throat is definitely a factor, watch what foods they eat late at night (dairy products are a culprit at times) and to not smoke.

here's a couple of links I hope you'll find helpful.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

iwonder Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Alexandra, thanks so much for the links-very helpful. And yes, you do get it! Your partner sounds much like my dh, sensitive about it. He's getting better. And he sleeps on the sofa many nights, just so I can sleep, and stay asleep. He doesn't have a weight problem, he has small sinus passages. After reading the links he probably has more than one problem. Again, thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.