logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
lmao now that is funny texasdave.... i mean jesusfreak. let's see....what he said after the 9/11 attacks was bigoted and hateful.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
What he said was that our secularized worldview contributed to the reasoning behind the terrorists motives. These terrorists are always talking about the immorality of our culture. We Christians agree with that assessment, we disagree with the methodology of changing it. Mr. Falwell hit the nail on the head. His timing was just too soon. People were too angry to hear that. Nothing hateful or bigoted there. Just raw truth.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I don't think you speak for all Christians, dear.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
D
D
Just a small sampling...

If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being.
-- Jerry Falwell

AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.
-- Jerry Falwell

The Bible is the inerrant ... word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible,without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc.
-- Jerry Falwell, Finding Inner Peace and Strength

The Jews are returning to their land of unbelief. They are spiritually blind and desperately in need of their Messiah and Savior.
-- Jerry Falwell, Listen, America!

We're fighting against humanism, we're fighting against liberalism ... we are fighting against all the systems of Satan that are destroying our nation today ... our battle is with Satan himself.
-- Jerry Falwell

AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharoah's chariotters.
-- Jerry Falwell

Blacks, Hispanics, women, etc., are God-ordained minorities who do indeed deserve minority status.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, USA Today Chat, quoted from The Religious Freedom Coalition, "The Two faces of Jerry Falwell"

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
People, please. Trying to use logic on a freak like jfreak, is a waste of your time and energy. It is a bit like pouring perfume on a pig. This fool was jcfreak a week ago, now jesusfreak. What will be his next reincarnation? As if we care.

Jan Goldfield

O
Other Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
O
Originally Posted By: jesusfreak
What bigoted and hateful thing did the Rev. Falwell say? I never heard any such thing.

You must have had your ears stopped up and your eyes closed, then.

Did you not even read the quotes on the first page? Blaming homosexuals for the downfall of America is both bigoted and hateful. When someone says something like that, people start to suspect that he thinks the punishment proposed in Leviticus 20:13 might be a reasonable course of action.

Originally Posted By: pondlady
People, please. Trying to use logic on a freak like jfreak, is a waste of your time and energy. It is a bit like pouring perfume on a pig.

You're probably right. But willful ignorance doesn't bother me nearly as bad when I at least make an effort to shed some light on the situation. (Besides, for some reason I didn't see the second page of posted messages until after I posted this one! wink )

Last edited by Ali - Atheist Editor; 05/17/07 10:44 PM.
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
jesusfreak can't see the hatred in those comments because he agrees with them.

Patience.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.
-- Jerry Falwell (attributed: source unknown)

Little did Jerry know that AIDS is NOT a punishment from God. Pope John Paul conspired with a scientist to create the disease to punish the homosexuals. There is a book called "Behold! The Pale Horse" and the author escapes me but if you look for it on Amazon or something, the cover has an angel wielding a sword on a winged horse. There are other government conspiracies in the book as well and has actual government documentation in the back of it. Check it out if you can.

The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, Sermon, July 4, 1976

Christians have been running this country since Washington so I don't know what he was talking about there.

It appears that America's anti-Biblical feminist movement is at last dying, thank God, and is possibly being replaced by a Christ-centered men's movement which may become the foundation for a desperately needed national spiritual awakening.
-- Jerry Falwell (attributed: source unknown)

Why can't there be a Christ centered women's movement?

Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them.
-- Jerry Falwell, on CNN's Crossfire, May 17, 1997

What??

The ACLU is to Christians what the American Nazi party is to Jews.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell (attributed: source unknown)

Again...What??

I never cared much for him anyway. Him or Pat Robertson.
I believe their agenda wasn't spreading God's word. I believe their agenda was collecting money and becoming wealthy. I hope I am wrong but I don't think I am.

What do you think?

Last edited by amadeus1220; 05/18/07 03:10 PM.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
All disease and death is a consequence of corporate sin. Death and disease did not exist until the fall of mankind. AIDS is a consequence of homosexual behavior. It is not a curse from God but a curse from sin. All behavior outside of the will of God has the curse of sin upon it. Like jumping off a building has the curse of smacking the ground. There are spiritual laws just as there are physical ones. What Mr. Falwell said has a large amount of truth to it. The Bible IS the inerrant Word of the living God. That is absolute truth without distortion. He was right-on about that.
podlady,
jcfreak stands for Jesus Christ freak. I just simplified and clarified it.
As for Mr. Falwell, he was a fallible man. A Godly man to be sure but not perfect like our Lord and King Jesus Christ, praise and glory to His name, Amen.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
AIDS is a man made creation. Pope John Paul created it with the help of a scientist. No, I take that back. AIDS is the result of the HIV that was created by the Pope.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.