logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Y
Y
Quote:
but penance isnt the hardest boss in the FF series, hes the 2nd or third, i forgot which is the 1st

For the PS2 Final Fantasies, I think he's the hardest. When it comes to the hardest in the series overall, I heard people generally speak of Ozma (FF9), Omega Weapon (FF8) and some other boss in the early SNES 2D versions of Final Fantasy being true contenders of this title. I own FF7 and FF9, but have yet to face them so I can't comment on them yet.

For which stats to max: if ur party has 255 in everything but Magic/Accuracy, 40,000-60,000 HP, and equipped with the appropriate Break HP Limit armours that I suggested, then I'm pretty sure u would stand a fighting chance. For Accuracy, it should only be in the hundreds as Penance's Evasion stat is 0 believe it or not. Such magic-based techniques such as Cure/Cura/Curaga wastes turns, you'd be better off with Elixirs, Megaelixirs, X-potions and Healing Water as 3 of them (I believe) can be fetched via the Quick Pockets function. Megaelixirs and Healing Water heals all 3 characters in one go. Alternatively, if characters were equipped with Auto-Haste, Defence+20%, Auto-Potion and Auto-Protect armours u don't have to worry about manually healing them, all u're gonna have to worry about is ur supply of X-Potions.

If Penance's damage dealt through his magic attack is approximately 10,000 points, then u've got a better chance of survival.

Quote:
i cant get nemesis..wah.....sob sob..... i captured and fought every monster in the arena... he gave me all the monsters in original except nemsis..... and i cant beat tat stupid [neslug] tat coward tat hides in his shell after i damaged him and heals a lot..

His shell is immune to physical attacks, only certain magic (maybe non-elemental) can deal sufficient damage to it. But you'd have to cast Slow on the creature before u go about using them, as its Regen heals a ridiculous amount in one turn. As for Nemesis, with most of ur stats currently at 255 now, he's not even worth a challenge.

Quote:
Second form? wats tat?

He somehow sheds off its armour from the lower section of his body after u've taken out one-third (rough estimation) of his total HP off, unveiling a short tail which casts Immolation onto a random character. This causes Full-Break status effects which u need to get rid of with Dispel, and brings ur MP down to 0 in which the item Three Stars would be useful here.

Spoilers�

�During this second phase of the battle, if the two arms stay up too long u will then face the wrath of his most lethal attack - Judgment Day. Which is capable of killing off ur entire party no matter how high ur stats are or HP is. That's why, like I said, killing those arms immediately has got to be set as the top priority, u cannot give those arms a chance to hurt u or cast Mighty Guard or Regen on itself. After both of them are disposed of, u can spend this valuable time solely concentrating on its body before those arms regenerate again (which won't take long I admit). When just one arm is up, it's quite safe to use Attack Reels to deliver damage on both the arm and its main body, I do it all the time and see no major problem in this strategy.

Last edited by Yun Feiyang; 04/20/07 01:11 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Y
Y
OK. Just replayed the battle with Penance this time using Auto-Protect, Auto-Haste, Defence +20 and Auto-Potion, so naturally my HP was down to 9999 with MP the same as before. I eventually beat him on the third go (not bad since I haven't touched the game for months) and it took 50+ minutes to finish him. My team as always consisted of Rikku, Wakka and Tidus.

If u're interested in the difference with using No Break HP Limit armours, then listen: -

Just so that the Auto-Potion function selects X-Potion, I had to sell all my Potions and Hi-Potions leaving just X-Potions behind. I carried 99 X-Potions into the battle and ended up with 42.

Whenever Penance unleashed his Obliteration on me during his first form, he took out about roughly between 9000-9900 HP off my party, prompting my team to use the X-Potions to recover their HP back to full. Once I used Rikku's mix of: Ultra Nul All, Obliteration shaved off roughly 6000-7000 HP this time. Even if u're unwilling to perform this particular mix during his first form, U MUST DO THIS before he performs Immolation, which is enough to kill u if u don't have the protection and stat enhancement of Ultra Nul All.

Ultra Nul All mix = Light Curtain + Healing Spring.

The strategy is no different than when u're equipped with Break HP Limit armours, except u won't need to hassle through healing anymore, the auto-function will do it all for u and the best thing is u don't waste a turn. But it can be slightly more riskier than with Break HP Limit + Ribbon armour, as u're prone to Petrification/Shatter which leads to ejection of one character without Ribbon, likewise when the right arm casts Mega Gravition inflicting all kinds of status effects to ur entire group with the worst being Sleep. But that only happens if u allow the arms the chance to get their turns. Get that sorted, and u'll have over 50 mins of stress-free play.

Armours with 4 free-slots u can buy off Oaka down at the entrance of Macalania Woods.

Last edited by Yun Feiyang; 04/20/07 06:26 PM.
A
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
Ok thx, penance DID cast mighty guard on himself when i summoned...wat a coward, then all the damages i deal on him is around 40k but their arms are still 99,999.

A
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
ic... but ppl said tat nemesis is harder than penance, but then i said BS!! if u get my drift

A
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
X-potions, elixirs, and megalixirs, where to get them? i only hav around 40+ megalixirs, 50+elixirs, and around 20+ x potions, where to get lots?

Y
Y
Monster: Valaha
Bribe: X-Potion x60 for 174,000 gil

Monster: Varuna
Bribe: Mega Elixir x20 for 1,120,000 gil

Monster: YKT-11
Bribe: Elixir x12 for 124,000 gil

Monster: YKT-63
Bribe: Elixir x8 for 84,000 gil

Item: Healing Water
Monster: Anacondaur - Healing Water x16 for 116,000 gil

Source: Final Fantasy X Bribe FAQ Final - hosted by Neoseeker

Apparently, u can also steal Elixirs or Megalixirs from Penance himself and Flee once u've done that.

Do also remember that u can only carry 99 for each item at a time.

Good luck.

Anyone out here AOE freak ? with those civs like Huns Goths .. thts the best of any game ( baring mind games )

A
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
Ooo thanks

M
M
if you can get to sin then the best place to train is inside him before you get to the last boss. Take the airship to inside sin then run to the next save point which is by the stairs then go up the stairs run through that bit to the next save point and then do in reverse order until you have the ability needed. also a tip for beating valafor would be to use both anima and the magus sisters who can kill them by themselves also as a last ditch attack use yojimbo and pay him enuogh to use zanmato from Deano

M
M
my oblivion does nothing like 200,000 mine does more like 1,5000,000

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/08/24 09:46 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.