Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#302913 03/27/07 11:06 AM
N
OP Offline
N
I have been raised in the Christian church. I have been questioning the religion since my grandfather died. He was the driving force behind my religous choice. He died of a stress induced stroke, stress from the turmoil caused by an immoral preacher in his church.

So that was 3 years ago.

I have been questioning the idea that any one religion is the one true way.

This has lead me to read a few books. The one that has tuned me in is Wicca.

How do I know if this is where I belong?????

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I think it is one of those things that you just know it is right. I questioned religion in my teens then lost interest cause it was all so confusing. Then when I was 20 I stumble upon Paganism once again. At 21, I went through what I call a test of faith. I went back to a church after studying and practicing Wicca for a year. I stayed for about 6 months and watching the zombie like parishners made me realize how right Wicca and other Pagan paths were right for me. Now 12 years later I call myself Eclectic Pagan and a Buddhist. YOu will know in your heart and gut that this path is for you. Read everything you can, talk to as many people as you can, try to find some local people and groups to talk to and events to attend.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
N
OP Offline
N
thank you. I am trying to find a local group or at least one person. Wiccans don't exactly advertise

Gecko
Gecko
Try Meetup.com even if you don't see something in your back yard there might be something within a reasonable driving range. smile

Gecko
Gecko
Try Meetup.com even if you don't see something in your back yard there might be something within a reasonable driving range. smile

M
M
I think your best bet is to put the books down and just think about what *you* believe. Ask yourself a bunch of questions and really think about what you feel to be true vs. indoctrination that may or may not be true for you. Do you believe in a higher power? What do you think happens after you die? What do you consider "holy"? What is the point of life? Do you feel that people are inherently moral? How do you define "moral"? Etc. Spend time thinking about these questions - this is not a race. smile Your answers will help you in deciding a religion/spiritual path that is right for you.
~M.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When I started on the Pagan path, I thought some of the books helped clarify things, but I didn't just start reading pagan books. I read about Buddhism, just general spirituality books, etc... It doesn't matter what you call it in the long run though, as long as you actually feel it in your heart.

#303162 03/28/07 11:52 AM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
www.witchvox.com has a huge database of Pagans and Wiccans. A great place to start!

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Parakeet
Parakeet
Never put books down! Read as much as you can but read wisely and with your gut. If something dosen't feel right to you try to examine why and then leave that out of your practice. But remember that Wicca is a PRACTICING religion. So do some of the exercises in the books, get outside and experience nature, follow the changes in the moon etc.

I do agree with Madmblu that you should think about the questions she posed. Obviously you are in a period of exploring your beliefs so those are excellent things to think about.

And I would say that Meetup.com and Witchvox.com are the best places to find folks in your area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Slightly off topic, but I haven't heard of MeetUp.com before. Do you guys consider it to be safe?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.