Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: chillin
There are different kinds of male friends:
1. If he is half of a couple (ok)
2. If he was your husband's friend first(ok)
For all practical purposes, you are off limits to him while you are married.

I you are a woman and you have any kind of male friend, and you became single all of a sudden, any man in his right mind would want to make you feel better in any way he could. Therefore, "If you're a woman and you think you have a male "friend" I'd say there's a 99% chance he he is sexually attracted to you and he thinks he has a chance with you." You bet!!!!!!
Even if he's happily married, if he sees you are in pain, he will try to do what he can to make you feel better. And that's when it gets dangerous.

Isn't that funny, that even if someone tells us the truth and we don't want to hear it, we deny it? Ladies, we control this situation, so it's not a problem for us. Just make sure you don't let your man console a woman "friend" without your supervision!

You are so correct. But women are also vulnerable to the advances of men. Right?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
What about the fact that everyone has different tastes in looks? Not every single one of your friends is going to fit the description of what you find attractive. So obviously, yes, men and women can be friends without being attracted to eachother.

I have many male friends who I am not attracted to, and I really don't think they are attracted to me because I know their "type" that they like, and I'm NOT that. Plus, currently, most of my male friends I consider family. They are wonderful people, and I love them as people, but there's no physical attraction between us.

Shark
Shark
I am seriously struggling to see most of my male friends wanting to step in if my husband were not present. I don't have a chatty emotional connection to most of my male friends. They typically fall into one of these categories:

I am older than they are and they see my husband and myself as mentors. They come to us when they need advice or support. I often treat them like I would my own kids. For that matter, I am laughing at the very idea of one of them wanting to take on fathering three kids.

They are friends but our friendship is based on group setting. We have two friends who after years of friendship, I have never been alone with them. The personal things I know about them I know because their wives told me or my husband did.

I have male "friends" who are as another poster said, activity based. Remove said activity and we would likely not have any desire to spend time in the same room much less anything else.

Now, I will give you that I have two male friends who I am more emotionally connected to. One lives several states away so I don't see him rushing out to sweep me away from any life issues. The other is attached to our family as a whole, he enjoys being a part of our family. Would he want to step in if something happened to my husband? Who knows but it would have to be a case of death to bring that on. I do know that he and I have some vastly different personalities that would make a match sorely strained and we lack the spark of attraction.

Shark
Shark
I agree there. Comments are being made that assume all men would go for any woman.

I don't think all my male friends find me attractive and I certainly am not attracted to them. I know some of them disagree with my choices in life, my beliefs, ect. They might like me well enough as a friend but they would not want to live with a woman like me.

As for seeing a chance for casual sex, if they were ever my friend or my husband's friend, they would respect me more than that. They would know that isn't something I would want or would feel good about.

Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: lala21
What about the fact that everyone has different tastes in looks? Not every single one of your friends is going to fit the description of what you find attractive. So obviously, yes, men and women can be friends without being attracted to eachother.

I have many male friends who I am not attracted to, and I really don't think they are attracted to me because I know their "type" that they like, and I'm NOT that. Plus, currently, most of my male friends I consider family. They are wonderful people, and I love them as people, but there's no physical attraction between us.

Yes, you have a very valid point.

Shark
Shark
Do you think a woman who is not attracted to a male friend nor sees him as good mate material would still be at risk for a sticky situation?

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
no, I don't think so.

I mean, not unless the guy was disrespectful and was some creep who was blind to see that the woman was not interested...

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
...but that's a whole other type of situation.. that becomes harrassment.

Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: His Brandy
Do you think a woman who is not attracted to a male friend nor sees him as good mate material would still be at risk for a sticky situation?

Unless the guy has some mental disorder, no.

Shark
Shark
Then I think we can safely say that the comments on women with male friends deluding themselves about the basis of the frienship aren't true. There are too many variables to stuff a man or a woman into a box of set notions.

If I were to find myself attracted to a male friend or suspect he was attracted to me, if I turned to a male friend for emotional support, if the friendship was becoming too intimately intense...I would not have a friendship, I would have a problem.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.