logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
some time i regret my d&c but i know it was the right thing to do because when you have a d&c you can send your baby to the patholagest and find out why you misscarried i also had an option to burie my little girl that i wold not have had if she was misscarried nutrly.i do wish i would have got to hold her one time and see what she looks like thats why i regert it. i lost her at 18 weeks btw.

melissa m vanalstine. If we kill our childern where is our futer
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
There are pros and cons to both options, obviously, but as a woman who has miscarried twice in a year (once at 9 weeks, natural miscarriage; once at 11 weeks, D&C) I thought I'd share my thoughts. Do not underestimate how awful allowing nature to take it's course can be! I chose, with by doctor's and my husband's support, to allow the cramping and bleeding to run their course the first time. Over several hours the contractions increased until the pain was right off the scale, they lasted longer than the space in between them, I was vomiting every 10 minutes. I wound up needing morphine and anti-nausea medication at the local ER -- it literally felt like I was being torn apart inside. And I've never felt so alone.

The second time, my body was slow on figuring out that my baby had died, and I told my doctor I didn't want to wait and he did the D&C that afternoon under general anesthesia. There was almost no pain, very little bleeding, and I was taken care of by supportive nurses and caring doctors who were used to working with patients like me (unlike ER where they seemed uncomfortable with me.) It was definitely physically easier on my body.

The emotional pain is probably worse this time round but that's not a function of the D&C ... I'm struggling with the idea that my body may be killing my babies.

S
SBH Offline
S
I am 18 years old and was experiencing severe pelvic pain and was rushed to the hospital. After getting admitted and taking a urine test the doctor told me I was pregnant(my first pregnancy). I should have been around 7 weeks but by my hormone level was showing I should have been only around 2 weeks.

I was supposed to go back in to check my hormone level within the next two days. By the next day I was bleeding and was told I had a miscarriage. They set me up with an appointment to see a OB/GYN and he suggested I try to go through the miscarriage naturally. I have an appointment to see him three weeks from now to make sure everything is clear and healthy. If it's not I'm supposed to have a D&C.

My bleeding is decreasing a lot and I haven't passed any tissue yet and I'm frightened I'll have to do a D&C. I have heard it's really scary to have a D&C and am looking for some encouraging words and some support through this difficult time. My family doesn't know how to react, especially since I'm barely 18, unwed and am the first in my family to have a miscarriage.

T
T
Sorry about your loss, Ihad a D &C one week ago, and i can tell you it was not painful, people in the surgery room were very suportive and nice. so, do not worry.

the only bad thing is that i am having nigthmares, did somebody had experience this...

I lost my baby back in September,(i was 17 weeks), and it has been the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I haven't had nightmares, but I have had many problems emotionally since then. This was the second baby I had lost, but this one I actually got to see in the ultra sound and know what I was having. My first I lost in the first month. With my second miscarriage I was given the option to wait untill I miscarry naturaly or the D&C and I chose the D&C. I couldn't deal with the thought of walking around with a baby that I would never hold. They were able to find out that I have some gene called MTHFR (methyleneterahydrofolate). They say that the next time I get pregnant they can fix this and i've done some research of it and what I can do now before I get pregnant again, but I was wondering if anyone has this same gene? And if so, have you been able to have a 'normal' pregnancy and what should I do?

T
T
How did they detect this gene, and how can they fix it?
I had a bligthed ovum, so the doctor said that probably my body had absorved most of the early embryo, and he sent the sac and whatever remaining tissue to pathology, and they only said that it was not canceriginous, but i do not think he asked for a chromosomic test. Is it expensive?
My nightmares stoped, but yesterday i had a terrible diziness a headache, and today i had some dark brown red bllod discharge (is this like my period?). It has been one week exactly since the d&C, and i had some spotting, almost nothing until today
Also the last 3 days my ovaries felt like they were swell a lot a little bit of pain there. Has somebody feel this?
ANd, a weird bump had grown behaind my right ear (i hope is just a glandule cebaceus or something like that). Sometimes i feel that ishould have waited for a natural mc instead of having a D&C, and my body is complaining because i mess it up and is confused cry. Hope the rest of the year will be better
wink

Well, i'm not real sure how they actually detected it. All i know is that they tested the baby and all the tissue and didn't find anything so they took 11 tubes of blood from me and tested me for everything and this is what came up. It was kinda expensive, but I had insurance so they have paid for most of it. And in the end, does cost really matter if it will prevent this from happening again?
I too had that Dark brown/red discharge. I was concerned about it so I kept calling my doctor and he assured me it was ok. The pain is probably because you are doing too much. When I had my D&C I was on bed rest for almost two weeks because I had so much bleeding and some pain. Just take it easy for the next week or so and give your self time to heal, physically and mentaly.

B
B
Hi there,
Just from personal experience i had 4 D&C's as i had no heartbeats and waited a couple of weeks but would never miscarriage naturally and i've also had 3 natural miscarriages. After the D&C's i was definately emotionally upset but physically able to get on with everything but after the natural ones the last 3 years has been absolute hell with periods afterwards, hormones all over the place no energy.I kept going to the doctors they kept telling me my hcg levels said there was no longer a pregnancy but 8 months after hell every month they put me in 4 a D&C again. I am better now but the natural losses took a big toll on my body over 3 years.

L
L
I had a natural miscarriage 10 weeks ago i was 7 weeks pregnant and it came as a big shock because i have already had 3 healthy pregnancies. iam still very upset and i have not had a period since my miscarriage 10 weeks ago iam worried can anyone help me who has been through the same thing on not having any periods since miscarriage iam hoping i get one soon i have already been and seen my doctor he said wait a bit longer if no sign of period still go back to him

B
B
Hi Jode,
So sorry to hear of your loss. Its such a traumatic time loosing a baby let alone having to make all these decisions.
This is only my personal experience but i have had 5 D&C's and 2-3 natural miscarriages totalling 7-8 miscarriages and i have to say my body definately healed much better physically after D&C's.
I had natural losses on my 5,6 and 7th babies and i had so much trouble afterwards with periods, hormones,fatigue.Thats only my experience though i know everybody is different.Good luck to you and i hope theres a brighter future for you and your family.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.