Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#280365 11/18/06 12:49 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Spoilage of ingredients may cause irritation but not acne. it is sensitivity that causes acne.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
Back when I had perfect skin, I used to get a little acne if I were being lazy and forgot to wash out my powder puff. I mean I used to use any old makeup, I slept in my makeup...no acne, not at all.

In 1995 all of that changed. I was trying out a new birth control pill and didn't have health insurance, so I was trying to make it work, over six months...I had acne for the first time since adolescence (I was 29 at the time).

I've been acne prone ever since then. Going totally without makeup, made no difference to my acne. Putting on makeup, likewise made no difference.

I'm skeptical of claims that makeup or other topical products "break you out." If you had no acne before trying it, and returned to no acne after stopping using it, yeah, you can say that product broke you out. But people who had acne before, and still have acne afterwards...was it really that product that caused more acne? How can you tell?

S
S
Hi, I'm new to this forum but wanted to say that I haven't really found a good foundation that won't cause my face to get oily. Even non-oily lotions seem to break out my skin.

I would like to try bare minerals to see if that would help.

Great way for college students to earn money. Read advertisers emails for pay. Costs nothing to sign up.

www.alleventgiftideas.com/ReadEmails4Pay.html
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
mineral oil has comedogenicity factor of zero. That should help.

C
C
Hey softball6... I've seen mixed reviews for mineral makeup. Some people love it fanatically, others hate it or else don't think it's worth the patience of applying it.

I've been using Zia liquid foundation myself for some years. It's not "mineral makeup" in the sense, but the pigments are mineral-based, or something...anyhow, it's not bad. It's not drying at all, in fact it seems to hold in moisture, but it doesn't get greasy.

The bugger is the limited shade selection. Some of the shades are next to ridiculous. I use "Mica" which is a pretty decent neutral beige.

I've also had good luck mixing this with sunscreen...it's a sort of tinted sunscreen.

Anyhow if you want to go the mineral makeup route, try to get hold of some samples first. I've heard it can be tricky getting a good color match.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Originally Posted By: Colleen_S
Hey softball6... I've seen mixed reviews for mineral makeup. Some people love it fanatically, others hate it or else don't think it's worth the patience of applying it.

I've been using Zia liquid foundation myself for some years. It's not "mineral makeup" in the sense, but the pigments are mineral-based, or something...anyhow, it's not bad. It's not drying at all, in fact it seems to hold in moisture, but it doesn't get greasy.

The bugger is the limited shade selection. Some of the shades are next to ridiculous. I use "Mica" which is a pretty decent neutral beige.

I've also had good luck mixing this with sunscreen...it's a sort of tinted sunscreen.

Anyhow if you want to go the mineral makeup route, try to get hold of some samples first. I've heard it can be tricky getting a good color match.

Any acne due to this?

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
[quote=Merlion]The trick with mineral makeup and acne is to make sure you get a brand that has high zinc oxide content. This will help sooth your skin. Another thing to look out for is Bismuth Oxychloride. This has been know to been an irritant for some women and can kind of make your face a little shiny as oposed to those without. I also recommend a setting powder with kaolin clay or silica so that it can absorb the excess oils.

Try visiting this mineral makeup review site, it has the ingredients of some major brands.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.