Next Thread
Print Thread
Vannie Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I been paying bills online for over a year now and love it. I have never had problem with ID theft, $$ not credited properly, etc. I do have one snail mail bill but will be changing that to online as well.

Does anyone else here pay online? If not any particular reason?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I have been paying bills on line since it was possible to do so. No stamps, no envelopes, no post office trips and online is free free free!

Jan Goldfield

Koala
Koala
97 percent online. I have a couple that won't do online; but take payments by phone. Only 1 (my house payment) has to be made by paper check or money order.

E
Shark
Shark
E
By paying your bills online you are actually cutting down your likely hood of having your identity stolen.

Unless you have a locking mail box, your mail can be stolen out of your mailbox once it is delivered.

Read my article on identity theft at the crime website for more information on preventing identity theft.

Identity Theft a Major Cybercrime

Identity theft is one the one crime expected to effect everyone in their lifetime according to crime experts.

Vannie Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Erika,

An execellent article on identity theft--real food for thought.

Originally I did pay a couple of my bills by telephone, but was informed by one company that their policy had changed. There would be a charge to pay by telephone, I was advised to pay online instead. Very happy I took their advice. Jan is right, no stamps. Nothing worse than writing bills early then find you only have one stamp.

Last edited by Vannie; 01/24/07 12:21 PM.
99% online. I had one gas CC that I can't pay online since it's in mom's name and she's never driven. You need a driver's license to pay online.

Another benefit, you don't have to worry about the post office losing, mis-routing, or destroying your payment.

~~Click below for new posts on Bella!~~
http://tinyurl.com/yne554
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I have been paying my bills online since I can remember. I have one that I have to mail and worry each time that it might not get there. We are always having trouble with our mail system so paying online eliminates any problems that could possibly arise. When my husband first wanted me to start paying on line I was skeptical but have never had any problems. It's just so much easier and I'm able to file my receipts online without having to keep all those paper files. I am even able to do my banking online and it's great too.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
YES! It saves me time and money. We've had one problem a few years ago, the company wasn't accepting the money transfers so my bank had to actually send them a paper check, and the company wasnt accpeting those for some reason...but we fixed it.

I have been paying online for at least 4 years. I try to pay at the company's website first but if it's not free (some of our utilities charge a $5 processing fee for online paymnets) I will pay through my bank's free online billpay smile

The only thing I cant pay online is my rent, and I could until december. We had the same bank as our landlord so I'd just transfer the money over, but then they switched so now I actually have to go to the bank, thankfully it's just drive thru!

meg

Meg
The World is Our Classroom!
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Never, I never trusted any of my computers to do that. The one I have now is new and it is well protected but I still don't trust it enough to do things like that. I know it's probably stupid of me since I often buy things online and never once got my credit cards information and my identity stolen.

95% online payment, all are done in banking website. I think it is secure enough.

Moderated by  Vannie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.