Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#266753 09/14/06 03:30 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Quote:
I yell when I get angry but it seems to cuase problems. Do you mean you should go and be totoally alone? That is hard when you have a husband and a house full of kids.

Those who take out their anger by shouting do it alone. Think of all that is making you angery and your response. Shout at that person as if he/she is present. Speak out everything. You will release most of your anger. This therapy may stop many verbal duels in the homes.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#266754 11/10/06 02:42 PM
T
T
When I get angry and shout, I end up feeling guilty, and I also feel that I lost control which makes me more angry at myself and a little depressed. Something that I've tried and it really works is immediately taking some deep, calming breaths. As I breathe out, I imagine the negative anger leaving my mind. As I inhale deeply, I imagine the positive solutions to my anger entering my mind. This sometimes requires me leaving the situation and getting alone, so I can quietly do this. This gives me time to calm down, think more clearly, and I feel that I'm in control of my actions and how I might handle my anger. Since I've put this into practice, I truly haven't felt the need to yell. I also get stress relief from taking a brisk 15 to 20 minute walk or going for a nice run.

#266755 11/11/06 01:22 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
You seem to be getting real results against anger. Congrats.

#266756 11/22/06 12:12 AM
I think its natural to yell and get angry, but when it gets to a point where its affecting your life in a big way, there is a big problem. I, personally, just do some workouts and try to get it out that way and at least get some benefit out of it. Being angry produces a lot of energy, so why not use to exercise.

"It is what it is"

#266757 11/22/06 12:27 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
That looks like a good idea.

Shark
Shark
I used to believe that shouting alone lessens that anger feeling, well somehow it releases a bad energy. When I feel really angry I swim for hours and then eat and eat and eat

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
yelling gets me to hyped,makes me more nervous where i go into a full blown asthma attack,

Rosie L
Once when I was angry and upset I did the shouting thing in my car. It felt OK for a minute or two. I guess something happened though. I ended up laughing as I imagined the other driver's reactions to this mad woman screaming in the car!
Have you ever tried Emotional Freedom Technique? It knocks those really strong emotions on the head and it only takes about a minute to do. You might have heard it called tapping. Have a look at my web site if you're interested.

www.abundantliving4all.com/EFT.html

Love Sparkler
Abundant Living For All

Love Sparkle
N
N
Yes and it does work.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
One could that shouting makes you feel good just like one could say hitting someone could make you feel good. They are a manifestation of anger and hostility which you are training yourself to be rewarded by. You are training yourself that to be angry and build up those emotions is a good thing. Which isn't good for anybody at all in the long run. It assumes that being angry and violent are normal parts of a healthy person's life.

They aren't.

There are lots of us in the world who do NOT yell - in part because we haven't trained ourselves that yelling is even remotely a good idea. If you keep training yourself to yell then it's far more likely that you WILL yell. Just like if you keep training yourself to hit things it's more likely you WILL hit things. We are all products of the things we train ourselves to do.

I'm not saying either to submerge your angry feelings. I'm saying you have to actually take steps to figure out WHY you have those strong angry feelings within you in the first place. You can't just keep addressing the symptoms, especially in harm-inducing manners. You have to address the actual issues themselves and work on them. If you go around so angry all the time that the one and only solution you can think up is to scream and hit things, something is seriously wrong.

Also, it's not an external thing. Nobody else can "make" you angry. It is wholly within yourself how you chooses to react to things.

If you can't work through that on your own I highly recommend you find someone to work through it with you. We only have one brief life. Stress levels cause incredibly dangerous health issues for our bodies. Yelling and screaming exacerbate many of those health issues. Your aim should be to find a path in life that is full of contentment and joy - not to routinely subject your body to high-stress damage as a way of life.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DebbieMandel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.