Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
Go Barbaro,
First Mary Magdelene was never stated in the Bible to be a prostitute. She came from a city that had a lot of prostitution and it was stated that she had seven demons cast out of her but it was speculation over the years that have led people to believe she was a prostitute. The Bible never specifically says that. Secondly, the Bible WAS written by God in this respect; He used men as instruments just as you used your computer to write your last post. He wrote His Word on the hearts of men so they could then transcribe it onto paper. He did this because His Word is the living Word of a living God. He also did it so as to make those who transcribed it onto paper passionate ambassadors of His Word. Just handing someone a book and saying, "study this", would not have been as effective.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
The Koran is strictly manmade. It is the false writings of a false prophet.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
How can you say that emaster?
prove it. Show me proof that says it is man made.

You are in the right to say anything you please... but with reason. And I would like to see yours since you make such a bold statement.
you wish people to take your point of you as I want people to take mine...

The difference is that when I make a statement I back it up with some evidence.
I said the bible was corrupted and had many errors and I showed it.
I said the Quran was from God revealed to his final messenger Muhammad (pbuh) and I stand by what I say.

Ifthe Quran is indeed strictly man made by a false prophet you must have some reason for your statement.

I wouldnt just makes statements on any religion without a reason or proof.
I have studied comparitive religion for probably about 4 -5 years now. I know the bible better than most Christians I meet. I truly look at every religion in a critical manner and that includes mine. I spend as much time speaking to Muslims about the way they practice as I do to Christians.
But I can only try to correct muslims that are not practicing properly because I have not been able to find errors in Islam.

Im not repeating what I hear from my preacher in a mosque. I have spent years researching into the history things.

I bet you only have your opinion to back you up. Maybe your preacher in your place of worship told you what you said, maybe it was something you read in the media. But you definately didnt think about what you said and you definately do not know anything about Islam and its prophet (Peace of God be upo him) before you made your comment.
Prove me wrong or take back what you say.

"The best apology is the one given before the grief" The prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)
Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
1.How many pairs of clean animals did God tell Noah to take into the Ark?
(a) Two (Genesis 6:19, 20)
(b) Seven (Genesis 7:2). But despite this last instruction only two pairs went into the ark (Genesis 7:8-9)

In regards to the list of contridictions in the bible..... What a list -- Ok here it goes:

1) Genisis the # of animals......

"Take along seven pairs of each animal that I have approved for eating and for sacrifice, and take one pair of each of the others. 3. Then select seven pairs of every kind of bird. There must be a male and female in each pair to ensure that every kind of living creature will survive the flood."

Although at first glance the numbers may seem like a contridiction, its not. 7 pairs of those that were approved for eating and sacrificing and those animals that were not approved were to survive by being brought on board as pairs.

Ok that's #1.... On to #2......

Last edited by Carennedy; 07/19/06 11:30 PM.
Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
2. Solomon built a facility containing how many baths?
(a) Two thousand (1 Kings 7:26)
(b) Over three thousand (2 Chronicles 4:5)

# 2

1 Kings 7:26 says "The walls of the Sea were about three inches thick and its rim flared out like a cup and resembled a lily blossom. It could hold about 11,000 gallons of water.

2 Chronicles 4:5 says " The walls of the Sea were about three inches thick and its rim flared out like a cup and resembled a lily blossom. It could hold about 16,500 gallons of water."

There is a definite number difference. The gallons are measurement of volume. 1 Kings says 11,000 gallons or 2000 baths, 2 Chronicles says 16,500 gallons or 3000 baths.

Lets look at the authors etc.

Kings the writer and date is unknown, the assumption is it was Jeremiah. He lived in 627 BC.

Chronicles was written by Ezra in 430 BC.

Kings was written approx 200 before Chronicles. Solomen's temple was completed in 959BC, approx 300 years before Kings was written.

How things are measured today is very very very different from how things were measured 300 years ago, even 200 years ago. It is a plausible assumption to believe that the measure of 1 bath was different in the year 430BC than in the year 630BC and different still from the year 959BC.

It can be assumed with a sense of accuracy that the issue about the difference in measures is that the amount of one unit had changed.

Last edited by Carennedy; 07/19/06 11:31 PM.
Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
3.Ezra 2:64 and Nehemiah 7:66 agree that the total number of the whole assembly was 42,360. Yet the
numbers do not add up to anything close. The totals obtained from each book is as follows:
(a) 29,818 (Ezra)
(b) 31,089 (Nehem

If you are adding these up your right they are not going to be the same. This is due to the practice at the time of counting only the male adults of each family and only recording the amounts of those families who were important or had absolute proof of their geneology. There would have been others who had lost their proof and thereby they would not be counted in the family.

Ezra 3:62 "But they had lost their genealogical records, so they were not allowed to serve as priests." They were not counted amoung the family names because of this as well.

In order to say the Bible is being contridictory you are just quoting two scriptures and not looking at the context or variables.

Last edited by Carennedy; 07/19/06 11:32 PM.
Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
4 . When Paul was on the road to Damascus he saw a light and heard a voice. Did those who were with
him hear the voice?
(a) Yes (Acts9: 7)
(b) No (Acts22: 9)
5.When Paul saw the light he fell to the ground. Did his traveling companions also fall to the ground?
(a) Yes (Acts 26:14)
(b) No (Acts 9:7)

Luke wrote the book of Acts in 63AD. He was a historian of the time and hired by Theophilus to record who Jesus was and what was happening within the new Church. Theophilus couldn't drop everything to follow these people around but he wanted to know everything that was happening so he sent Luke.

In Acts 9:7 Luke has recorded the event shortly after it happened when Saul arrived in Damascus. "The men with Saul stood speechless with surprise, for they heard the sound of someone's voice, but they saw no one."

In Acts 22:9 Luke is recording a speach that Paul is making to the Jews who want him stoned to death. The Roman commander has agreed to let him speak to them. He tells them about the moment of his conversion when Jesus came to him. "The people with me saw the light but didn't hear the voice."

Obviously a slip of the tongue on the part of Paul. It does prove however that Luke was dutiful in his recording of everything that happened as it happened. If he had wanted to edit the book he would have fixed this to ensure there was no contridiction. But he didn't, he wrote the truth and the facts without editing.

In Acts 26:14 Paul is explaining why he is being persecuted to King Agrippa who is sending him to the Emperor in Rome. Once again Paul tells about his trip to Damascus. "We all fell down, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is hard for you gight againstmy will."

So # 5 is the same as # 4. It only proves that those who wrote the Bible took it so seriously they didn't change a thing, just wrote what they saw as they saw it. It was not then put together and edited by anyone.

It should also be noted that Luke would have sent each chapter off to his employer after writing it, just like a letter. He wouldn't of waited until he was done.

Last edited by Carennedy; 07/20/06 07:12 PM.
Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
Ive always challanged people before they can tell me what the bible says about how many Gods there are and who is what God,

Before I continue on here disproving Kibrisli7's 10 points of Biblical Contridiction I just have so much more I want to write first.

God is not one, it is 3. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. To better understand how three can be one I'm going to get into philosophy of psychology.

Dualism theorises that we are not one we are two parts of one, we are body and spirit. When one dies the body is still with us but a part of them is gone.

I think that we can go beyond this and say that each individual is actually made up of 3 parts: A body, A spirit and A mind.

If a human is made of 3 parts and was made in the image of God we can thereby assume that God is also made up of 3 parts:

The Body: Jesus Christ
The Spirit: The Holy Spirit
The Mind: The Father

So when Jesus came to earth he was the Body of God come to us as a Creation of God. He was in fact God and Man.

When we die, we split from our body. When Judgement day comes we are to regain our bodies in perfect form. So maybe in the spiritual realm of things our minds can split from our body. I cannot prove or disprove that we are three distinct parts of a whole. But I do believe that the Trinity is in fact three distinct parts of one hole, something we cannot understand. At least not until we are able to use the other 90% of our brains that sit in our head waiting to be used.

Last edited by Carennedy; 07/19/06 11:37 PM.
Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
First Mary Magdelene was never stated in the Bible to be a prostitute. She came from a city that had a lot of prostitution and it was stated that she had seven demons cast out of her but it was speculation over the years that have led people to believe she was a prostitute. The Bible never specifically says that.

Mary Magdalene... To clarify.

WAS NOT A PROSTITUTE!!! She was a wealthy women who had 7 demons in her and Jesus cast them out. In other words, she was crazy and Jesus made her sane.

The reason she was mistaken as a prostitute is because in his Easter address Pope Gregory X (or was it V?) Anyway some Pope Gregory got her mixed up with the prostitute in the previous chapter that was going to be stoned to death and was saved when Jesus asked that only the man who had not sinned be able to cast the first stone. They are two different women.

There is a lot of confusion if you don't read closly as to which Mary is which, it was an extremly popular name.

Last edited by Carennedy; 07/19/06 11:38 PM.
Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
People not only created an idol by drawing christ and sculpting his image, they worshipped him as a partner to God.
The first commadnment is very clear ladies and gentlemen.
You cant say that verse was for a time only or it is ambigious!!

As for the 1st commandment that I keep hearing about.

How many Protestant churches have you been in? I can't disagree that Catholism has it's idols, they are everywhere in a Catholic church. I can't put a voice to this because I am not Catholic. I know a lot of them, but I am not one.

There are so many other Christian denominations without the visual statues that adorn the Catholic Churches. There is the cross, a symbol to remind us of Christs sacrifice for us, but that is all.

Last edited by Carennedy; 07/19/06 11:43 PM.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.