logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
OP Offline
J
Is there someone you will read no matter what?

One of mine is Elizabeth Berg. One of her books I read years ago left a really good impression on me and since then I have read all her books and wait for more.
Jane Austen is another if you didn't figure out my name!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C

I'm a Berg fan, too. Her latest book redeemed her in my eyes, lol. I am also a huge Jodi Picoult fan. My Sister's Keeper was just amazing. I'm reading Anne Tyler's Digging To America, and highly recommend it, too.
For good chick lit, I adore Jane Green.

S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Joshilyn Jackson - Her first novel (gods in Alabama) just went to PB and I picked it up on a whim at B&N. It is awesome. I read it in one day. It is a murder mystery/racial love story full of family secrets in the deep South. It's unpredictable and believeable. What a great first shot!
Her second is also out and I'm going to back to the store to search it out ASAP.
If she continues like this, she can count on me to buy every one.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

socalnascargal
J
OP Offline
J
I like Jodi Picoult too, I have read a few : My sister's keeper; Vanishing Acts, Mercy and her latest the Tenth circle. I have tried a few of Anne Tyler and I have more of her on my piles here but she is hit and miss with me. I will get to her someday. Yes Jane Green is good for chicklit along with Marian Keyes (Walsh series) and her other read alones and Jane Heller I like too.
Yes I have read Gods in Alabama. I look forward to her next!!!

I really like Anita Shreve too. Have you read The Pilot's wife?
Or Alice Hoffman's Practical Magic?

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I love All the ones mentioned and I also read British cozy and Elaine Veits, Tess Gerristsen, Janet Evanovich, Mary Daheim. AND many others!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I really like Linda Fairstein (DA of Sex crimes in NY), Kathy Reichs (not really a fan of the show Bones that is based on her books), Mary Kay Andrews (Southern mystery), Lorna Landvik (just too funny), and Erma Bombeck (my reason for wanting to write).

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I never heard of Lorna Landvik and will have to get one of her books. Is she a new writer or have I been in the dark??

Wow! There are so many--
Anne McCaffrey, Julian May, Mercedes Lackey, J.D. Robb (I am not fond of her in her Nora Roberts persona, though), Janet Evanovich, Diane Mott Davidson, Sara Paretsky, Kathy Reichs, Patricia Cornwell, Charlotte Bronte. Goodness, the list grows longer as I grow older.

P
P
I must be the 'ODD ONE' as I always have been...I couldn't find anything on or anyone who likes 'Sylvia Browne' Shes such a sweetie, I was luck enought to do her hair a few times. You can just fell the love coming from her & never a 'Bad or evil word' comes from her, just love for us all. Pegi

My favorite female author is Barbara Kingsolver. Her books are funny, touching, and I love the way she effortlessly weaves information into her plots so you learn something as you read, almost without even realizing it. So far I've learned about coyotes, entomology, astrology, and Native American culture from her books.

My second favorite is Tabitha King, wife of that guy who writes horror stories. ;-) Her characterization is amazing. I don't always like her characters--especially the women--and I've been known to throw the book across the room as I'm reading because they make me so mad, but they definitely make a lasting impression on me, and I care about what happens to them.

~Joyce Scarbrough
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jeanette - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.