Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#245004 04/24/06 01:03 AM
T
tobasco Offline OP
OP Offline
T
[*] What is your favorite actor, I mean who do you think did fine work and in what role, why? what film do you feel was the best written, and why.

I am curious, artistic and looking for inspiration and things that give me goosebumps in this beautiful world. I try to find humor in life or something not readily visible.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#245005 04/26/06 08:06 PM
Shark
Shark
Hmmm...One of my all time favorite actors is Morgan Freeman, he blows me away in everything he's in. I think his characters in Driving Miss Daisy and Seven are two roles he played really well. Why? Probably because there is a subtlety and intensity to him which he brings to every role but especially the role of a quiet and helpful servant of sorts in Driving Miss Daisy with the added tension of the Civil Rights issues and his resigned but yet heroic manner in Seven.

Best Written Film--I'd really have to think about that one but off the top of my head The Way We Were and Magnolia. There are so many layers in each of those films and they speak truthfully to things that people go through every day (death, love, faith, etc.).

Alexa Pecore
Drama Movies
Associated Content
Martini-Lounge

"That's why he hasn't an enemy in the world, only his friends hate him."--E.K. Hornbeck (Gene Kelly), Inherit the Wind
#245006 04/26/06 08:07 PM
Shark
Shark
Great questions by the way.

Alexa Pecore
Drama Movies
Associated Content
Martini-Lounge

"That's why he hasn't an enemy in the world, only his friends hate him."--E.K. Hornbeck (Gene Kelly), Inherit the Wind
#245007 04/26/06 08:08 PM
Shark
Shark
I think I misread your one question though--best written out of the 2 Morgan Freeman were in is definitly Driving Miss Daisy.

Alexa Pecore
Drama Movies
Associated Content
Martini-Lounge

#245008 04/27/06 01:30 AM
T
tobasco Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Alexa,
Morgan Freeman is fantastic, I think Johnny Depp will evolve into one of the best when he matures a little. Lets see, as far as women Kathy Bates in Misery, And whoever the ice queen is in Tales of Narnia was good, well cast. Oprah Winfrey did a fine job in the Color Purple. Sally Fields in the one role where she is a widow with a blind man as a border, forget the name, it was a good role, I think Jude Law has a wide range, but can get to cute, typecast. The young man, friend to Al Pacino in scent of a woman was fantastic, believable. I think of more but heres a new question.

I am curious, artistic and looking for inspiration and things that give me goosebumps in this beautiful world. I try to find humor in life or something not readily visible.
#245009 04/27/06 01:38 AM
T
tobasco Offline OP
OP Offline
T
If you were to make a new movie with people in the roles, of Alice in Wonderland who would you see in the starring roles, I'll go first: Cheshire cat: Jack Nickolson
Alice: Jennie Garth of Beverly Hills 90210
The rabbit: I don't know why but Kramer from Sienfeld
The caterpiller : Chong or cheech
Get back to me. After you answer suggest another movie, tag your it.

#245010 04/28/06 03:54 PM
Shark
Shark
All the actors you mentioned are wonderful and I agree wholeheartedly about the evil queen in Chronicles, she was freaky, especially with the make-up (great actress).

Wow..this is a tough one. No one has ever asked me who I would cast in a surrealistic, fantasy type movie, that's one I'd never thought of before.

Cheshire Cat--You can't get better than Nicholson for that one, so I'll stick with you there (he's got that devilish smile).

Alice--She doesn't have blond hair but could easily be convincing in this role: Alexis Bledel from Gilmore Girls and Sin City.

The Red Queen-- Judi Dench maybe.

The Rabbit-- I would have to really think about this one, I'm not sure.

The Caterpillar-- Allen Cummings (he's fabulous).

I'll have to take a little time to think up a good movie to list next.

Alexa Pecore
Drama Movies
Associated Content
Martini-Lounge

#245011 04/29/06 03:37 PM
Shark
Shark
You know what would be cool to make into a film--that childrens story "Where the Wild Things Are" but I don't remember all the characters well enough to cast them. I think though that I would play with it--either have the little boy be real and the rest of the characters done in CGI or have the boy be real when he is at home and then make him CGI when he goes into the forest where the wild things are.

What do you think tobasco?

Alexa Pecore
Drama Movies
Associated Content
Martini-Lounge

#245012 04/30/06 07:40 PM
L
L
Hi Alexa,
I'm inquiring for a friend of mine to locate a movie or Television movie about a brothal that was ran by a women named Mamie Stover on the Hawaian Island during World War 2. I know this is a unusal request but the friend is a Veteran Marine who landed at four of the major beachheads and I think he's entitled to my respect.
Thank You
Len from the Underwater City

#245013 05/02/06 02:24 PM
Shark
Shark
Len,

Let me look into that and I'll see what I find. If I can't figure it out I'll ask my step dad, he is a Vietnam Vet and has seen more war movies than you could imagine.

Thanks for the inquiry

Alexa Pecore
Drama Movies
Associated Content
Martini-Lounge

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Angela - Drama Movies 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.