Next Thread
Print Thread
#234124 02/25/06 06:10 PM
R
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
R
How do you spend your role playing time?

Do you usually play or GM
single choice
I play (33%, 4 Votes)
I GM (17%, 2 Votes)
I do both equally (42%, 5 Votes)
I'm interested, but I haven't played yet (8%, 1 Votes)
Total Votes: 12
Voting on this poll ends: 04/25/06 05:10 PM

Lloyd Brown
www.lloydwrites.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#234125 03/24/06 08:28 AM
Shark
Shark
My time is spent as a gamer for the most part. In the past I have DMed/GMed but it has been several years since I took my turn at it.

Mythical Fact of Homeschooling: Children will become clones of their parents.

Rogue Reality: Why does my son have green hair?
#234126 05/23/06 04:21 PM
Shark
Shark
are we talking D&D? my husband use to play he and his friend love to fight the bad guys and role charictors and worlds he wants me to play but it seems complecated to me.

All things are permissible but not all things are beneficial. judge not lest ye be judged.
#234127 05/24/06 02:46 AM
P
P
My hubby is an AD & D player. He played last Sunday but I don't support him playing so he doesn't very often anymore (since we've been married). Yes, I killed the fun. He has not done the online playing. His friend was into it and I heard that it took up all of his free time. Those gamers get hooked like an addiction. A few messed up people bring the fantasy into reality. My hubby just wrote his first sci-fi book. He was going to write D & D adventures since he has many great ideas but changed his mind. In my opinion, he has spent way too much time and money on role playing in his life. He is in his 30s so I'm glad he's not hard core into it anymore.

#234128 05/24/06 03:53 AM
Shark
Shark
I was raised that it was a demonic game so i dont know much about it until my hubby started talking about it and said it depends on where you take the game and how far you take it. I think hes a boys night out time to excape reality player.

All things are permissible but not all things are beneficial. judge not lest ye be judged.
#234129 05/24/06 07:42 PM
R
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
R
The game's not demonic at all. In the 80s, Patricia Pulling started BADD (Bothered About Dungeons and Dragons) and made some public appearances appealing to police and ministers and the public in general about the "evils" of D&D and other RPGs.

She did this because her son, "Bink", killed himself and she blamed D&D.

Her son was 14 and in college. He was gay in the late 70s, when that lifestyle didn't have the acceptance it does today. He was also heavily involved in alcohol and drugs and had received psychiatric help. Yet with all of that stress and all those problems in his life, she blamed D&D.

Unfortunately, a whole generation of people grew up colored by her distorted opinions. She would probably have been infuriated to know that every time she made a public appearance, D&D sales shot up! Her tirades were better publicity than any ad the company ever paid for.

The person who bought my game store is a deacon at his church. He also co-wrote a D&D book with me that'll be published later this year. I've played with doctors, lawyers, accountants, and a TON of teachers (mostly history & English).

Studies show that up to 50% of the time spent at the table is just guys talking about stuff: movies, TV shows, comic books, girlfriends, or whatever. I think the worst thing about gaming is the close connection with Mountain Dew and chips.

Lloyd Brown
www.lloydwrites.com
#234130 05/24/06 07:47 PM
R
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
R
Quote:
My hubby just wrote his first sci-fi book. He was going to write D & D adventures since he has many great ideas but changed his mind.

Can I ask what the book is and who's publishing it? You can send me an e-mail if you don't want to give out personal names in public.

Quote:
In my opinion, he has spent way too much time and money on role playing in his life. He is in his 30s so I'm glad he's not hard core into it anymore.

The average RPG gamer spends $30 a month on his hobby. I can't tell you how much time, but one session a week for about 4 hours is common--and at over 30 years old, it's probably less than that.

I'm a cheapskate, so I made all of my hobbies pay for themselves. I took karate; I taught karate. I played D&D, and my writing income and game store ownership put me way on the good side there.

Lloyd Brown
www.lloydwrites.com
#234131 05/24/06 07:48 PM
Shark
Shark
lol. thats what i though guy talk and drinking the REAL hard stuff!!! lol. I figured it was like the DaVince Code of the era the more "wrong" it is the more people play.

#234132 05/25/06 09:42 PM
P
P
The book is called "Hoplite Renegades" by Infinity Publishing (POD self publisher). It's about a corporate starship captain who gets fed up with his employer and decides to go rogue before they put him out to pasture. The book is the story of how he tries to accomplish that task. It's a SciFi space adventure. It is not available yet. It should be in about a month or so on Amazon.com and other online sites.

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.