Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#210561 09/16/05 11:06 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Good morning.
I am the new editor for the special education page and I am glad to finally get this forum up and running. A few questions to help me orient myself to all of you:
Why did you subscribe to this forum?
Are you a parent?
teacher?
student?
service provider?
administrator?
interested but no real connection?
other?
What topics would you like to see addressed through either the forum or the special education page here at bellaonline?
This information will help me be the best editor possible!
Thanks
Anne

Anne - special education editor
specialeducation
Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
Hi,

I'm jeanne rutgers ther new reading editor. I think I might borrow your idea for short intruductions. I would be curious to see who my readers are.

Jeanne Rutgers
Reading Editor
H
H
Hi,

I subscribed to this forum because I am a survivor of domestic violence. I love the support that everyone gives each other. However, I have since found that there are literally many boards on this forum I intend to participate in!

I am a parent of two teens, one 12 and the other 14. My 14 year old is in special ed at school. He has ADHD and PTSD. I am also an assistant instructor at a local community college. I teach deaf students for the pre-college prep program. The subjects are history, English, Vocab, and grammar. So, I deal with this topic of spec. ed. daily in both my home and work environment.

I would like to see topics of amercian sign language in the classrooms, being discussed. I feel that the deaf students are often overlooked in regards to their education. I am amazed at how many deaf students graduated, yet when coming through our program their reading level is so minimal. I have a heart for hte deaf, because I am also hearing impaired, due to the abuse.

I would also like to see the topic of affirmations on the forum. I cling to daily affirmations in my healing process. Lastly, I am interested in gaining insight and support from other teachers that currently work with deaf students.

Hope Fields

"Though I am one person,the voice which I use, to speak out against domestic violence, is the voice of many."

Moderated by  Celestine - Special Ed 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.