BellaOnline
Posted By: anne_sdi Short introductions please! - 09/16/05 03:06 PM
Good morning.
I am the new editor for the special education page and I am glad to finally get this forum up and running. A few questions to help me orient myself to all of you:
Why did you subscribe to this forum?
Are you a parent?
teacher?
student?
service provider?
administrator?
interested but no real connection?
other?
What topics would you like to see addressed through either the forum or the special education page here at bellaonline?
This information will help me be the best editor possible!
Thanks
Anne
Posted By: ReadingEditor Re: Short introductions please! - 10/06/05 04:56 PM
Hi,

I'm jeanne rutgers ther new reading editor. I think I might borrow your idea for short intruductions. I would be curious to see who my readers are.
Posted By: hopefields Re: Short introductions please! - 10/13/05 04:50 PM
Hi,

I subscribed to this forum because I am a survivor of domestic violence. I love the support that everyone gives each other. However, I have since found that there are literally many boards on this forum I intend to participate in!

I am a parent of two teens, one 12 and the other 14. My 14 year old is in special ed at school. He has ADHD and PTSD. I am also an assistant instructor at a local community college. I teach deaf students for the pre-college prep program. The subjects are history, English, Vocab, and grammar. So, I deal with this topic of spec. ed. daily in both my home and work environment.

I would like to see topics of amercian sign language in the classrooms, being discussed. I feel that the deaf students are often overlooked in regards to their education. I am amazed at how many deaf students graduated, yet when coming through our program their reading level is so minimal. I have a heart for hte deaf, because I am also hearing impaired, due to the abuse.

I would also like to see the topic of affirmations on the forum. I cling to daily affirmations in my healing process. Lastly, I am interested in gaining insight and support from other teachers that currently work with deaf students.
© BellaOnline Forums