logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Elephant
Elephant
When I very 3 years old, I had a friend named Dorcus, and she grew up to be an Olympic cross-country skier. I was in college when my mom phoned me and told me to turn on the tv, and there she was competing in the Winter Games.

I had a friend who changed her name as she hated being called Nora. She's Drew now.

The thing I really can't stand is mothers who address their daughters exclusively as "Baby" even as adults, sort of like the character from Dirty Dancing. My first college roommate was named Alexa, but I never ever once heard her mother use it. It was always "Baby".....

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
I've heard of a Dorcus. But my top worst baby names are all names celebrity name their children - Pilot Inspecktor, Jermajesty, and Audio Science.

-
Victoria, Weddings Editor
[url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
Gecko
Gecko
My daughter Jordan (she's 8) keeps threatening to change her name to her middle name (Alyssa).

We thought we were being so original when we named her... last year there were 3 Jordan's in her class, and 1 was a boy! (I wanted to name her Amber Alyssa, but her dad said he couldn't see an adult named "Amber" - well there aren't any other "Amber's" in her class!)

Michelle Taylor
Why me? What did I do to deserve this?
(go on, ask)
Gecko
Gecko
The "Female" (usually the story goes that the baby's parents think the hospital already named their baby, and it's pronounced something like "fuh-molly") is also an old one.

My partner keeps insisting his mom works with someone with that name. I'm sure it's just another cropping-up of the urban legend and I'll never believe it unless I actually meet this woman and see her birth certificate, but every time he brings it up I just sort of smile and nod because I don't really want to say "yeah, I totally think you and your mom are making this up."

B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B
I have to say that one of my least favorite names is Leslie, I am not sure why, but I do not find it pretty. Sorry to offend anyone who is named that.

Mother of 2 sets of twins
Colton John and Caleb Andrew 6/17/2003
Just arrived on 11/20/2005- Ian Kohlman and Irelyn Kathleen
M
M
My husband is a doctor and he sees LOTS of weird names...he came home about a month ago and said...well today I was seeing a patient's chart and it said "Abcde" and thought hmm...they must have put that because they didn't get the name..and when I went to see the patient, the mom said her little boy's name was "ab-suh-duh" you know...ABCDE!

TRUE STORYYYY..poor little boy was his patient!

F
Shark
Shark
F
Hmm, what a lot of er interesting names in the thread.

Worst name I've ever heard, "Sophocles"- was smack in the middle of cookie cutter suburbia and encountered someone addressing their baby this way.

What were they thinking?? At least they didn't name the kid Oedipus with the Oedipus complex connotations.

Fashion Fiend with Heart & Soul
F
Shark
Shark
F
Saw this article on MSN, reminded me of the discussion of celebrity names and Irish names

http://lifestyle.msn.com/FamilyandParent...82&GT1=7910

Fashion Fiend with Heart & Soul
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I always hated my name, Judith Eula growing up. My friends called me Judy and the mean boys called me Eula. I think the name was too big for a little girl, but now I love my name. I have a Thor and a Caroline. I don't know how they will feel about their names. Caroline got Judith instead of Eula as a middle name. I really wanted to name her Eula, but my husband said it had to stop somewhere. Eular was my grandmother's first name. I was thinking Caroline wasn't popular until 2 other babies were born the same week at our small hospital with the name. She is already trying to change her name to Georgia. (22 months old)

Shark
Shark
i teach junior high. several years ago, i had twin brothers named rocky and adrion. LOL! poor adrion got beaten up almost every day on his way home because of his name. he eventually became a really tough kid though. they looked nothing alike and acted nothing alike either.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.