Print Thread
#146524 02/10/03 07:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone contacted me through the website and would like me to suggest party games for her to plan for an upcoming family reunion. Here is some of what she asked:
"I wanted to know if you had any input on the best "party games" for
family reunions, etc? What games best span multiple generation groups,
and what are the best games for groups of children, teens, adults, and
older people to play separately?"

If you have any suggestions or experience with the various party games, please post them here.

Thanks

Susan (Previous Board Games Host)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Card games are always great because there are card games for all ranges of difficulty, all sizes of groups. Games like Trivial Pursuits are also good because you can make teams of players and mix together decks of cards to meet the needs of everyone. If the kids like Star Wars, just mix in a Star Wars deck with another older-geared deck!

Lisa, Birding Enthusiast
Gecko
Gecko
My personal favorites:
- card games
- Monopoly
- RISK (!!!)
- Scrabble
- Domino

I totally bonded with my grandparents when we played those when I was a child, even though we were two generations apart!

If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Our family plays bingo together. Adults who want to play bring an inexpensive unwrapped gift, and kids who want to play bring one for kids. Then, we play bingo until all the prizes are gone. (Winners get to choose their gift from the table.)

BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
My grandmother and grandfather loved to play scrabble together and they had a variety of games in a drawer - several very old chess sets, a huge collection of playing cards (my grandfather liked particularly to play Whist), Cribbage and of course the aforementioned Scrabble.

The only problem was that while Grandma was very good at scrabble she didn't like it when she lost!

Name the family member. what you do is have everyone in the family write a brief description of themselves, like what they did or do for a living, how many children they have, something memorable they have done in their lives and then see who can guess the most family members. See if you can get members to pitch in a little $$$ to maybe buy a nice gift for the winner, but make it something that they will remember how they won it.

~~~Leaving your Prints is leaving your Legacy~~~
The LifeStories Game [img]http://www.awltovhc.com/image-1543082-10273689[/img]would be great to play at a family reunion! You learn fun tid-bits about everyone in a fun way by telling little stories.

It almost makes me want to go to a family reunion now.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.