BellaOnline
Posted By: Anonymous Games for a family reunion - 02/10/03 11:17 PM
Someone contacted me through the website and would like me to suggest party games for her to plan for an upcoming family reunion. Here is some of what she asked:
"I wanted to know if you had any input on the best "party games" for
family reunions, etc? What games best span multiple generation groups,
and what are the best games for groups of children, teens, adults, and
older people to play separately?"

If you have any suggestions or experience with the various party games, please post them here.

Thanks

Susan (Previous Board Games Host)
Posted By: Lisa_Shea Re: Games for a family reunion - 01/14/04 01:09 AM
Card games are always great because there are card games for all ranges of difficulty, all sizes of groups. Games like Trivial Pursuits are also good because you can make teams of players and mix together decks of cards to meet the needs of everyone. If the kids like Star Wars, just mix in a Star Wars deck with another older-geared deck!
Posted By: IceQueen Re: Games for a family reunion - 01/30/04 08:49 PM
My personal favorites:
- card games
- Monopoly
- RISK (!!!)
- Scrabble
- Domino

I totally bonded with my grandparents when we played those when I was a child, even though we were two generations apart!
Posted By: rosty91 Re: Games for a family reunion - 01/31/04 02:16 AM
Our family plays bingo together. Adults who want to play bring an inexpensive unwrapped gift, and kids who want to play bring one for kids. Then, we play bingo until all the prizes are gone. (Winners get to choose their gift from the table.)
My grandmother and grandfather loved to play scrabble together and they had a variety of games in a drawer - several very old chess sets, a huge collection of playing cards (my grandfather liked particularly to play Whist), Cribbage and of course the aforementioned Scrabble.

The only problem was that while Grandma was very good at scrabble she didn't like it when she lost!
Posted By: minicrafter Re: Games for a family reunion - 06/27/04 03:18 PM
Name the family member. what you do is have everyone in the family write a brief description of themselves, like what they did or do for a living, how many children they have, something memorable they have done in their lives and then see who can guess the most family members. See if you can get members to pitch in a little $$$ to maybe buy a nice gift for the winner, but make it something that they will remember how they won it.
Posted By: KellyT Re: Games for a family reunion - 09/22/04 12:57 PM
The LifeStories Game [img]http://www.awltovhc.com/image-1543082-10273689[/img]would be great to play at a family reunion! You learn fun tid-bits about everyone in a fun way by telling little stories.

It almost makes me want to go to a family reunion now.
© BellaOnline Forums