I agree with the others - leave her behind and report her. Her opinion is one thing, but denying you birth control for no reason other than her biased opinion is cruel.

I also would like to add that her opinion about your happiness after age 50 is contrary to what research indicates. What I've read repeatedly is women over 50 who never had children tend to be happier than those who had them. The first time I saw this was in "Seasons of a Women's Life," which was a long-term study. I've also seen the same type of data in books written about preparing for menopause.

I was also recently antagonized by someone who claimed to be a therapist that I would be alone and miserable after age 50 if I didn't run out and get impregnated by someone (anyone, according to her!) immediately. I could tell by our earlier conversation that it was about her - she'd had an abortion she regretted earlier in life. She was obviously projecting her own issues and should have known better, considering the profession she claimed. I laughed at her and walked away.