Hi Lady Valkrie,
I think so often people ask the same question you ask and when answered I sometimes feel that deep inside you feel the question has not been fully answered but because you seem to recieve a common answer that is repeated by so many people it is deemed correct. (I hope that made sense :-))

Personally I have no doubt that the Bible was revealed by God.
But I like to look at fact also. Im not too interested in the opinion of people who give me ideas on their own personal beliefs because everyone can give you a different answer that way and you may never get the right one.

By facts I mean what is actually written in the bible itself!
In the Preface of the Revised standard version of bible 1952 it mentions that a revision of the bible was needed because they found older manuscripts dating back to 200-300 years after the death of Christ. However the king James Version of the bible was translated using manuscripts 600-700 years after Christ (Peace be upon him).

The bible has some significant changes in this edition. Some verses are taken out because they are not found in the older and more ancient manuscripts and some verses have been added!
Did the bible reveal a different message to the people upto 1952? Than did God Divinly give us something else?
There are approximately 39 different version of the bible on the shelves for you to buy with different lengths in verses some saying completly different things.
The catholic bible has 7 more books!!!

In fact I dont think english is a good a translation as it can be. English didnt begin to exist until 1066. Although it is the most common language, it is not refined as some of hte more ancient languages such as hebrew or greek.
Who knows how much meaning has been lost over translation from the original language of Jesus which was Aramiac.

I can give you more facts but Im sure this message is long enough.
Feel free to private message me if you need to.