My Friend, I have to agree with much of what you say.

I was raised as a Christian and did quite a lot of theological study, and I would have to say that I do not believe that the Bible is the 'Word of God' - it is a collenction of the EXPERIENCES of men who believed that they were speaking for God and of God.

I respect all religions, and I believe that each one has a 'facet' of the diamond we call TRUTH - but none have this truth exclusively.

ALL spiritual writings are valuable in that they teach us about LOVE, SERVICE TO OTHERS, PATIENCE, FAITH and how to live lives that show and manifest these values and ideals.

There is beauty and truth in every religion, and I try to look at all the good things that come from them and all the wonderful souls they have produced who have helped to make this world a better place. Whether they are 'God in the flesh' or prophets, or saints, is not as important to me as the message they brought and the lives they lived - as examples for us all to follow.

To me, it is all about LOVE - and when you truly love, everything else falls into place.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams