If you think of it this way, it makes perfect sense. So many Americans shop at Walmart and eat at McDonalds. If the government has influence and ultimately control within these corporations, that control extends to the consumers who shop and eat there.

This has actually been creeping up on us for decades. As the Federal government has expanded, with more and more departments and regulations, we the citizens have lost more and more of our freedoms. And this has been compounded by the actions of the states.

Fishing is a good example. At our previous home there was a private dock on a deepwater creek off the Intracoastal Waterway. If we wanted to fish, we walked to the dock. Can't do that now without a fishing license. My brother-in-law has a house on a lake. His buddies were fishing and he walked out on the dock to chat. He was standing on HIS dock, with NO fishing tackle and he got a ticket for not having a fishing license, even though he wasn't fishing.

This sounds trivial, but it's actually symptomatic. What's more alarming is this level of control extends even further within businesses. As an employer, you can't fire anyone for even the most grievous offense without being penalized through higher unemploymemt taxes. If one took all the regulations for a business, Federal, State, County, and City and typed them in very small letters on a roll of paper, stretched out, it would probably be as long as two city blocks! I am NOT exaggerating! I've had to read through all that mess.

Walmart and McDonalds are two of our country's largest corporations and employers. Neither is unionized yet. It's not surprising these two are targets for take over, by indirect means, by the federal government. Everyone must be in "lock-step" compliance.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia