logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I am not using Microwave oven but planning to buy it as it helps in cooking food fast.Now without this, I think my Kitchen is uncompleted.

Please visit my blog on
Ipod downloads
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Lots of things I COULD live without, but prefer not to.

Cell phone -- I rarely use it (it was a gift from my folks, when my dh had just gotten a job out of state, and they were worried about me driving my less-than-healthy car and breaking down. Of course, that could have happened while he was there, but... ;-) and I don't even know the number. It is usually off.

I could live without pollution, but don't seem to have that choice!

We've manage for 16 yrs to raise a child without a gaming system. (Of course, we DO play games on the computer....)

I'm surviving without a basement, but would rather have one... (We have pack-rat syndrome.)

Could definitely live without those aches and pains...

Shark
Shark
I am also one of those strange people that doesn't have cable TV. We like to watch movies sometimes at night, most often in the wintertime, but these are DVD movies. We just like doing other things outside when the weather is nice.

My husband and I are both engineers and we like to try to repair things that become broken. We've had a lot of success. Sometimes it would be easier to just buy a new thing but what would we do with the old one -- throw it in the landfill? I hate that thought. So we try to fix what is broken.

As the years go on, I've noticed that the house gets cluttered. This is because we bring more things into the house than we bring out! So I try to make it a rule that if we bring something in, we must throw something out. Very simple but it works!

Shark
Shark
Oh, I forgot -- we have a dishwasher but we never use it! It just seems like so much more trouble to use it than to just wash up the dishes.

Another related issue is that I really love those cheap plastic melamine dishes. Since they are inexpensive, I can have lots of them in pretty colors. I can make all kinds of pretty table decorations with them. They also are pretty unbreakable and they don't make that awful screeching sound that ceramic plates make when they rub together!

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Dishwasher, they waste too much water and beside it's not the end of the world to wash dishes by hand.

As for the satellite if the NHL would show every games online I would pay for that and go without a satellite but the playoffs games are not included, I refuse to go without my Dallas Stars games. Now that Fringe is over all the shows I watch can be seen on Youtube or on another website so technically I won't miss anything, for the movies I would rent them.

The internet I don't think I ever go without it except if I could afford a vacation far away from people, in that case for the time being there I would not even watch television (thats the only way i see myself missing games). I am thinking of giving myself a little internet break to see how that would go, I was able to survive the three times my old computer broke and had to be fixed and I also survived the time it took to get it plugged in when I moved in November of 2009 (the satellite was installed before i arrived..i would not of come if that would not of been the case).

The microwave I only use to reheat leftovers and to eat microwave food (rarely). I did buy something that is used to cook food in microwaves, it was on sale and I always wondered how food cooked in a microwave tastes like, I have yet to use it.

My cell phone is only to receive and make calls.

Shark
Shark
We do without cable or satellite TV. We do have a subscription to Blockbuster, however - so we still get movies.

"And the greatest of these is Love"
Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Our oven died many years ago and we never paid the money for a new one. We do have the stovetop for cooking things, and we have a small toaster oven which serves us well for things we have to bake. I figure since we never bake anything "big" that we probably save a lot of money on electricity, by not heating up an entire oven to cook things.

We wear jeans and sweats, so we don't spend much at all on clothing.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Vannie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.