Hello Everyone,

I was wandering about and came across this post I put up all the way back then ... October 2012 and believe it or not, I still do this even though the contents have changed and the 'give' list has changed too (friends moved away, changed addresses etc.)

"Hello to you .. I hope this moment finds you all well!

Speaking of herbal oils and vinegars in another topic in the CG forum, I thought I would tell one of my most popular gifts to my friends is a small basket of goodies made up of home-made things. I get pleasure in giving them as they get in receiving them (if what I hear is true).

I laugh and say but you got that last year - and they say doesn't matter give it all to me again!

I get baskets from the local hospice shop and put things like a small bottle of herb oil, some sundried tomatoes in chillie oil, a packet of mixed home-grown home dried herbs, some lemonade and a small potted herb (like basil or rosemary or parsley). I line the gift basket with fresh rosemary or lavender ... and they are very popular and relatively inexpensive gifts.

What else? Well I made carrot and beetroot muffins once, a vinaigrette salad dressing, some toffee apples, candied almonds and spiced nuts and cheese straws. No I did not grow the cheese.

What else can you think of to put inside a basket of home-made treats? Shortbread? Fudge? Pickles? Jams?

****Or we can turn it around ... what would you like to receive as a gift pack if you had a choice - say 5 items per request? Of course, the more they are based on something from your container garden ... well the better!"

Maybe this would be something you can do if you are looking for another idea for this Covid-year Christmas for some reason? Please let me know what you think.

I am going to do some more wandering and re-post some messages and links to articles ... oh how time passes! Oh how nice it is to garden!

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!