There are all sorts of infrared thermometers out there, of all shapes and sizes. I love this Supco PIT1 Pocket Infrared Thermometer because it can easily be tossed in a pocketbook or pocket. It's that small and easy to carry around. There are all sorts of times that it's good to know what the temperature of something is. A forehead. The air. The dashboard of a car. And wine! Wine is one of those things that can taste delicious at a reasonable temperature and atrocious at a wildly off temperature. This device lets you know if you need to warm it up a bit or cool it down.

Most of the time you just point this at something, press the button, and you get a readout of the temperature. That's how I tend to use it. I dock one star because the button wears down quickly and then you have to press it a few times to get a reading. Still, it does still work, and I've had mine for quite a while.

There are also modes where it will show you the minimum or maximum temperature reached, which are good if you're trying to make sure an area stays within a certain range.

Well recommended for its main purpose which is just pointing it at something and knowing the temperature. I use this fairly often. You'll be surprised in how many different situations it's nice to know the temperature of something.

Supco PIT1 Pocket Infrared Thermometer

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum