Next Thread
Print Thread
#927857 05/16/18 03:13 PM
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
N
I do not know if this is the correct place to ask for this but at least it has to do with computers!

I do not know how but somehow I got rid of the button that connects me to the internet (i have no idea how to call it - it used to me right next to the start button at the complete left of the taskbar at the bottom of the computer) so now whatever I did the Internet Explorer thing is not there anymore (when i click of the little dots [its now at its place 3 lines of 6-7-8 tiny dots] it says toolbars on top with a right arrow and below 7 more things - there are also a line with an arrow on each sides when the mouse is there - i clicked on a few things and i do not know how else to get my IE button back).

I found a way to connect anyway by going on the computer icon at the right on the taskbar and there I clicked on the internet logo that has the Earth now since I am so stupid and worthless I may end up getting rid of that other way to connect and end up with zero ways to use my internet so please could someone help me?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
OP Offline
N
And more is ruined! I just wanted instead of putting a picture from my documents as my background to use one of the backgrounds available from Windows and since then the color and icons of the top and bottom bars have changed, at first I thought it was just the color (had to have it invisible which i hated but this is worst) but I figured okay I will just get used to it like I had to with that new way or having to connect but now also the notepads are different and when I close and minimize windows it its different too (its like it jumps) and that is seriously annoying! I went in the appearance part of the control panel and tried one thing which was worst and I was able to get to the new appearances but I want the old one back and I am afraid of clicking on something that will make things worst!

Also something weird has been going on with my computer, it started months ago and it was once in a while then more and now it is almost all day long! I have to click twice on something to have what I asked, the mouse goes on something and it opens despite me not clicking on it, I close a commercial on a video and it either pauses or go full screen, it makes a sound when I save a picture or something I wrote.

It sucks so much not being able to take care of small things like that! It is amazing that I know how to use the computer for other things! wall!

I forgot to mention that for weeks too I would be doing normal things and the screen would go white, the first times I would just disconnect and connect again but the last times it happened I saw a screen that said I had won a cruise or something (did not stay there - disconnect right away) then it stopped but right now I was on Live Leak and it brought me to another window and I like yesterday immediately closed it but that one is way scarier with a sound and a voice and a small window with the biggest (yesterday my mouse was on a commercial at the bottom when reading comments but now it was not)!

Last edited by Nancy Roussy; 07/12/18 11:13 AM.
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
What I would do to replace the icon for the Internet (although someone may know a better way):

Click on the start button (window in the lower left corner)

Find the program icon in your list of programs.and open the program.

Up at the top next to where the URL is (perhaps says secure, click on it and drag it to your desk top or to your task bar.

Next time you open your program it will open to that page.

N
OP Offline
N
Angie,

Found the programs but my internet browser is not there. Looked everywhere under programs and also what has to do with the internet and did not found it either. I got used to connecting the other way (just thought about it - i do that from the start menu bar/button and there theres the icon for the browser but im scared of trying to drag it - if someone can assure me it wont do anything bad or it would work then id do it - im more in trouble now with what i did this morning but at least i can use the internet and everything else - i should call the man in Mont-Joli who repairs computers and asks him to come here - in addition of all that theres the weird things it does which are not normal and could become a trojan or something).

Thanks for trying to help me cool!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
The first question is what version of Windows are you using. Different versions of Windows have different commands.

In the meantime, point at the icon you currently click on to open your internet browser. While you are point at it, RIGHT click (not left click). You should get a list of options. One should be to pin that icon to your task bar. The task bar is the list of programs that are always available at the bottom of your desktop screen.

That should re-pin the browser icon to your taskbar.

If your computer is doing strange things, I would check your antivirus software and make sure it is up to date. If you are not running antivirus software, I would get some immediately and check your entire system out. You could definitely have a virus with the way your system is behaving.

And finally, on the Windows theme, there are a variety of themes to choose from. If you chose one you don't like, you should always be able to re-choose the Windows Default. Again if you let me know which version of Windows you are running I can let you know what that version's default is called.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
N
OP Offline
N
Oh wow that worked! Thank you so much! You have no idea how it was getting on my nerves but I figured I had to get used to it since I was still able to go on the internet!

I have Windows 7.

As for protection I have IObit and Panda, all the free versions and all caught up. Also Windows is all caught up including the Defender.

I did try the default theme but it came back with whatever happened this morning not what I had but maybe it is not my default and it's Windows's default, I clicked on it after clicking on one that was worst. What I do not get is that my notepads too were changed, I did not know it did the same for programs when the theme was changed!

Maybe computers are like engines, they get like dirty and need some cleaning otherwise it just keeps on piling up and up. My anti-malwares actually told me from I think the start that I do have 77 files that should not be there but it also says to buy their full version so I figured it was a trap.

N
OP Offline
N
So I just came from the themes (ironically last night while finishing my night routine i remembered where the windows backgrounds are so if i would of yesterday that would of never happened) and all are worst than what I am stuck with so I will live with it.

I was thinking since a few years ago to give myself a computer vacation then weeks or months ago I figured it would be the perfect time to change my computer and this morning I thought that when I will move would be the perfect time. I know where to get it checked out (electricity went off when i was here starting to write my last morning post and when it restarted it was just a black screen with the mouse's arrow - called another place first that is just for companies and he told me where to call and i got him and just when he was explaining what to bring it came back) so I may just do that before moving or follow my first idea. I am just hoping it does not die on me before I am ready to either have it checked out or to change it whether or not I give myself at least a day without a computer and internet!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.