Dedication of the bell was held today - the county was formed in 1749. The original bell on the courthouse was put on the new courthouse in 1917-18. It has now been restored and placed in the museum which is a replica of the original 1749 courthouse. After the ceremony there was a reenactment of several of the cases held in the courthouse on its opening day in 1918.
The bell rang 100 times while people were arriving before the festivities began. The bell is three years older than the Liberty Bell.