M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Hockey fans,

Sidney Crosby, by all means, is a great hockey player with a stellar career but, of recent Crosby has spreared Buffalo's Ryan O'Rielly in the groin and then literally shattered Ottawa's Marc Methot fingertip sheared nearly off by a slash to the hand!

In both of these instances, there was no penalty call and subsquently, no suspension for this type of play.

Crosby has a cult-like following~ He has a very Large fan base. He also has huge amount detractors and fans that believe he is a "dirty" player. He almost never receives a penalty call. The facts are, there are players who have not only the penalty call, they have also served suspensions for less!

By the way, hockey is a rough sport, players do get hurt and they do expect to get hurt. But, they also expect to have the rules of penalty help them when they play. Now Marc Methot will be out for many weeks as he heals from his injuries from the Crosby slash.

Your thoughts?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
He is not a dirty player. I have seen the finger hit and had to go to Youtube for the other example, none of those are cheap hits. I like him but he is not an idol of mine so I am not blinded about him (am not either with my idols). He is often the victim of cheap hits that rarely even get a two minutes penalty and insults from both players and fans so it's no surprise sometimes he loses his temper which he should do more often. He was not even in the league and many people already hated him because many people had only good things to say about him. Considering all that I would bet that the man who had his finger seriously injured probably said or and did something to Crosby to deserve it. For the stick hit between the legs from behind he barely touched the guy and it was probably an accident that his stick ended up there.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Nancy,

Referees have been making questionable calls all around, and their scope is as wide as people's opinions. Refs need to control the games from the beginning. Calls made on one side for infractions do need to be called on the other team as well when the infractions are made. Crosby is in the news more as he is considered one of the elite players. There have been many commentators as well as sports colunmnists that are closely watching Crosby as well as several others and other teams who have more physical play!

Get Ready for playoffs! Here we go! Have fun Stay in touch and let's keep the hockey thread going!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
N
N
My team is not in the playoffs so I won't be watching.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Nancy,

Actually my team is now not in it either and I'm not so sure I'll watch anything but the final couple of playoff games.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
N
N
I was glad that Montreal was eliminated in the first round, now the media is complaining about it and making all kinds of suppositions (today has been soooooooo awful since it was the day the players got their things) and hopefully I won't hear about that darn team (the brother of my favorite player was sadly exchanged to them this season cry) for at least a full month! My dad is not a real fan (that team probably has none of those) so he went to another team, he also believes playing Hockey is extremely easy and he could do it. I will continue to wait until the next season starts smile.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.