Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#913108 08/23/16 08:57 PM
L
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
Ever wonder what is actually in your closet? A lot of us just grab and go, but don't take full inventory of everything. What things should we keep?
5 Things You Want In Your Closet

LaTeisha Clément
Women's Fashion
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I am still building a new wardrobe thanks to losing everything in a fire so there's not much (im not rich and the insurance were cheap as far as our materials goes).

L
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
I totally understand where you are coming from. I have suffered both: [unwanted] weight loss and a house fire. So, building a wardrobe was definitely on my list. Take the fashion thing one day at a time. No rush. It will all come together in time, if it has not done so already.

LaTeisha Clément
Women's Fashion
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
This is a good question - about half my closet is blouses, divided between long and short sleeve, and the other half is skirts, mostly denim or corduroy. I have one good dress for weddings and a black outfit for the inevitable.

D
D
most of mine is gear never wear or don't fit/grow in/out of it later? the rest would prob fit in a small suit case!
The only thing that does take up fair amount of space is my bra etc collection! have too many mind many are old size as "grown" being someone "blessed?" from puberty but last few years orso become more prominent as have prolactinoma so have very high P along with E had tumour pretty sure for quite a few years as had issues but then they put me on T HRT which really upset apple cart ended up having TIA/Stroke from it as bp sky high but still give DVT/D-Dimer on tests but went from 46D/44DD to 42G/44F UK so have to wear every day or they become tender Plus having Fibro&Raynauds mark/scar get sore easily.
But see something i like &buy it often in deals but got some really nice items by being at right spot at right time!

L
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
It sounds like you have a good range of pieces. Does your wardrobe vary in color?

LaTeisha Clément
Women's Fashion
L
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
Hi DDtop,

My heart goes out to you and all that you are dealing with. I pray all goes well with the management of the tumor. You are strong. Stay positive.
I teach that the way you dress is a reflection of how you feel. (If you look good you feel good). You mentioned that you do not wear most of your clothes in your closet, and the ones that you do have don't fit. Did you ever think of replacing some of the pieces that don't fit? If not, let's start there. Your wardrobe should bring joy and excitement... and the clothes should fit, lol.

Do this one piece at a time. No need to rush the process.

Also, I think it is great that you have a bra collection! Not every woman can say that.

Blessings,

LaTeisha

LaTeisha Clément
Women's Fashion
D
D
Hi thank you for nice comments.
The tumour not much is being done about had it scanned twice say small etc but chucked me out of there now they gave me T hrt which caused many issues like very high bp/clots and a mini stroke! had them saying opposite things to each other there!
one said why wearing when it was quite obvious why has they was tender&getting flaking on nipples etc
But getting by still breathing so guess lucky!

I don't mind wearing to be honest as well makes me different to others but being in the autistic spectrum with Asperger's i am anyway!
But built a nice selection up of sets as i wear bottoms also as fit me better&more comfy as i guess i was somewhere in between from puberty? plus had hormone/tumour issues for quite a few years as had issues for long while one being hair below was falling out! so have wider hips.
Had some nice input/help from places like Leia who do Elomi and some shops one with a fitting but many don't like us!
But my cash is as good as anyone else's!
I'm always polite if ask plus also had some contact from brands that like my reviews &are looking at this market as "Growing" as if you look these days will see so many guy's growing on chest!
Even Primadonna mailed me about things as i wear a lot of there things esp Deauville which isn't cheap but lasts/wears great esp for those with more up top! as lots of side support.
Also have Empreinte as well another good brand.

I try to be discrete wearing as best can even though many would be ok with it i just like to keep it out of others face so to speak.

I'm more a casual clothes person worn for comfort

What do you have in mind to replace things in my wardrobe with?

But yes wearing something nice is a great start to the day feeling great and comfortable/held in place as might seem od but guess part of wearing so long now is i don't feel dressed/right when go out if not wearing a bra?
But i am sort of 42G/44F cup UK going onto next cup size up!
so do need the support i guess?
Plus ive a few big bags of them to sell off soon to get a few £'s back as some new and unworn even in 46D/44D/44DD and some other sizes also have some doreens and others in larger sizes unworn

Last edited by DDtop; 12/13/16 03:20 PM.
N
N
My new wardrobe is about done (the base at least - i do have the money to get a lot of more expensive clothes [Michael Schumacher + Dallas Stars + things like that] but that money needs to go for starting a new life far from my parents so i cannot go too crazy).

L
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
Hi DDtop,

In your initial comment, you mentioned that some clothes in your closet either don't fit or have never been worn. I responded that you can start by replacing those clothes that don't fit. What are the clothes that don't fit? Shirts, casual pieces, skirts, dresses? Give me an idea of what you have in your closet.

LaTeisha Clément
Women's Fashion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.