logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#271472 09/25/06 05:44 PM
OP Offline
Do any of you (or did any of you) have to wear school uniform?

I've been transferred to a new school and they have a uniform: Grey blazer, blue and black skirt, white blouse, blue and black tie, cream knee high socks and black shoes. We also have a blue v neck sweater which is optional.

Going from a school that didn't have a uniform, I don't really like it.

What's yours (or was yours) like? Do/Did you like it?

Jessica

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
When I was in a private school they had a uniform but it was only for gym class (it was a simple white teeshirt with their logo and sweatshorts and sweatpants that were navy also with their logo).

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Here in California there are some schools that have a dress code - certain type of shirt and certain color and specific pants. Some also have uniforms - but not the blazer type referred to unless it is an expensive private school.

Launa Stout
Kids Crafts/Books

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
It used to be that private or parochial schools wore uniforms but in recent years more and more public schools have gone to simple uniforms such as a certain color shirt and a certain color pants, skirt or shorts.

The reason for this is so students who are "better off" than other students, cannot flaunt their wealth in front of the others. Everyone is equal when it comes to uniforms.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
C
C
When I was in 3rd grade one of the schools I went to briefly that was public had a uniform. It was your standard black shoes, white or black socks, blue knee length skirt or slacks, white or light blue polo. I went to about 15 different schools (from prek-college) and that was the only one. It's not super common but it does help reduce bullying/teasing/harrassment due to people clothing choices/options. They also usually have a casual dress day either once a week or once a month as well. Oh and like stated above, most had gym uniforms. Usually a tshirt and mesh basketball shorts in the schools colors with their logo/mascot.

Last edited by CassieLyons; 04/07/16 07:21 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Online Content
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
I never attended a school with a uniform, but I 've taught in them, as it's very common in the UK. Uniforms with blazers are expensive and common in private schools. I think they're unfair in other schools, as it's a hardship on low-income families.

A school I taught at in London really had only one item in the uniform that identified the school - a sweatshirt with the name and logo. All of the other items could bought anywhere - white shirts, black skirts or pants. It wasn't glamorous, but was chosen to be uncompetitive and reasonably priced. The girls didn't like it very much.

One advantage as a teacher was it made it easier to find your pupils on school outings! In places like the Natural History Museum - full of schoolkids! - it was helpful when it was time to gather yours up to leave.

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I had school uniform in junior high school and I didn't really like it. We wore a plaid green, red and grey pleaded skirt, with a baby blue round collar shirt and navy blue blazer. Keep in mind that our skirts had to be below the knee, which made life so much harder. But, we all looked crazy in this uniform because everyone was pretty much wearing the same thing. So, life wasn't all that bad... considering, lol.

LaTeisha Clément
Women's Fashion

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.