logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
C
My dad used to always write me letters, and I used to write letters a lot more as well. An e-mail or FB post just does not have the same weight as a letter. I had to write one the other day to my girlfriend in Norway, and my hand HURT by the end of the 2nd page - guess I don't put pen to paper often enough these days!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I do miss writing letters and buying wonderful greeting cards to send to a friend. I have one friend that I write letters to, I also send her and another friend greeting cards which I make. Otherwise I send emails and egreetings and receive them as well; but I must say, there is nothing like receiving a letter in the mail. Letter writing seems to be a lost art.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yes I do !

T
T
I agree, letters have fallen away and it's a terrible shame. I still write letters all the time. When I was younger and struggled through life situations I wrote to an imaginary character that I created. I'd gotten the idea from Anne Frank. I don't write to imaginary people anymore, but I do write letters to my boyfriend all the time. I think letters open up a piece of you that you will never be able to show over any form of instant messaging. Long-hand letters just have something different about them.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
When I was in junior high school I remember we all had to have a pen pal. I believe the idea came from the Scholastic magazine the my teacher use to get. My pen pal lived in England, her name was Pam and we stayed in touch until she became a police officer or I got married(?) I can't recall why we stopped writing, but once in a while she pops in my mind. It is a fond memory.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I started writing lletters again. Been doing it about 6 months. You'd think I'd get letters back. They have all responded with e-mail. What a bust.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
B
B
I miss it. I still love stationary, and note cards. I think it's charming to send someone a little note. Email and text don't have that quality. Unfortunately, most people don't feel the same.

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I never stopped. I haven't written one in years but because I have nobody to write to, all my friend are people I never met on the internet (1 does not want for 1 weird reason to send me her address that i lost in a fire) and the family members I have are crazy so of course no contact there unless I have no choice.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
yes I do. I still can remember how I waited for the letters from my grand parents and cousins who lived in other parts of the country.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I have letters from my grandparents which I treasure. It's a shame the next generation won't have those kinds of tangible memories. Having a folder of email isn't quite the same.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.