logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Have you ever noticed the words you use daily to communicate and what those words might indicate how you feel about yourself or others?

Have you ever caught yourself using the words loathe, pity, despise, hate, or worst?

What about more positive words like understand, accept, and thank you?

Imagine what every day would be like if you eliminated all the negative words from your communication. I'm trying this today starting now! Let me know if you try this too.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 06/08/11 12:08 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Totally. It's crazy how powerful words can be. Even for anything you want to achieve, say kicking a bad habit or eating healthier, you will be more successful if you use positive words like, "I will eat more fruit everyday" to talk about it rather than negative words like, "stop eating so much fat." It's funny how the mind works.

R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
That is why some people swear by the power of positive affirmations. If positive words are good for us, how much more the effect they will have on others. It will take willpower and self-awareness to be able to practice using them all the time.

True, it does take willpower to start using them, but I find once I get in the habit of doing it, they just come naturally :)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J

Speaking of "The words you use daily to communicate", you may be interested to have a look at this article:

Negative Talk - 2 Words That Stop Self Development

N
N
Here is a little game. Take 5 new courtesy words a day and try to use each of them in a day - during normal face-to-face communication. You will develop your language as well remember to mean what you say. To make it harder, catch those negative words people utter around you (including you at times). And make it a point to never utter them again for the day.

Last edited by neobian; 07/24/11 01:04 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Monica -

This is a great thread! You are absolutely right. If we use negative words, this creates a negative sense of what the world is about. Our mind focuses on the words we choose.

Jill hits it right on the nose. When we want to reach a goal, we phrase our goal with positive words and with an encouraging sense. We say we will be happy and healthy. We don't say we will stop the disgusting smoking habit. We focus on the positive and the good we are aiming for.

I am making an effort in my own life to speak in an encouraging way to myself and others. If I run into an issue, I strive to phrase my comment about it as a desire for the action to become better - not in any way that the person in question is somehow "bad". Even if it's an ex or something, it only causes me damage if I fill myself with anger or with disparaging language.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
N
N
I often use negative words because from my birth (well it started when i was a fetus technically i just do not remember that and the first 2-3-4 years of my life) I have been surrounded by disgusting people so all I know is hate, stress and the list goes on. Before November 9 2009 I was able to somehow stay positive sometimes but since that day every single day has been a hell. But I am trying again to get out and it looks this time I won't give up.

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.