Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 65 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 64 65
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Online Content
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Since I can't stand flies, I'm fairly tolerant of spiders. (My husband doesn't want them in the house, so he puts them outside.) And I realize that they're ecologically very beneficial, as they eat all sorts of insect pests. But I would NOT want millions of spiders crawling around the neighborhood - as in Memphis - even if I had just finished reading Charlotte's Web!

Last edited by Mona - Astronomy; 11/23/15 02:13 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Oh I need to scan a photo my mother took. She thought it was beautiful. I on the other hand was like, "Do you have any idea what's in those pods?"

So it was a fir-bush. One of those that get the red berries you shouldn't eat. On it, there were these huge white spots or domes. It looked like melted marshmallow (huge I might add)! It looked like something out of Alice in Wonderland. shocked I kept thinking of that movie, "Arachnophobia." bluhuhuhuhuh...

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Online Content
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Now here's something about about spiders that is really very cool.

Quote:
Spider silk is already one of the toughest materials around, but scientists have now made it even stronger by spritzing spiders with water containing carbon nanotubes and graphene flakes.

In fact, the resulting super silk that the spiders produced in their webs is the toughest material ever measured, demonstrating strength and toughness beyond "anything that has been possible before,"

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Online Content
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
This is an old story, but recently showed up on FB: One Million Spiders Make Gold Thread for Rare Cloth. Amazing in so many ways, starting with the beautiful thread. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be a spider handler, and I can't say I blame the spiders for biting if they're hooked up to a machine and their silk extracted. But then they were released.

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Less than one hour ago I sat on my television chair and about a minute before my first show started I saw a spider (bigger than a baby so child size) on my screen, mom was in her room so I called her and she got it before my show started smile!

N
N
Caught a few moments ago a baby above the window where I sleep, I think I got it with one of the mop confused!

N
N
I caught three babies where I sleep today, the first two I sprayed with the cheap windex (they were behind the door) and the other I got with a mop (it was near the floor)!

N
N
One of the two behind the door survived so I got mom to get it for me (well she was in the room with me when i saw it so why not grin)!

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Online Content
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
The Legend of the Christmas Spider

A poor but hardworking widow once lived in a small hut with her children. One summer day, a pine cone fell on the earthen floor of the hut and took root. The widow's children cared for the tree, excited at the prospect of having a Christmas tree by winter. The tree grew, but when Christmas Eve arrived, they could not afford to decorate it. The children sadly went to bed and fell asleep. Early the next morning, they woke up and saw the tree covered with cobwebs. When they opened the windows, the first rays of sunlight touched the webs and turned them into gold and silver. The widow and her children were overjoyed. From then on, they never lived in poverty again.

--Wikipedia

N
N
Caught a baby spider close to the door of the room where I sleep a few minutes ago!

Page 27 of 65 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 64 65

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.