Print Thread
D
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
D
Are you considering open adoption? Here are 10 reasons why it might be a good option.

10 Benefits of Open Adoption

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oh wow Deanna, that was a cool article.

I never knew my birth father - he ran off right after my mom became pregnant with me. So, I had a stepfather in my life, and I did consider him my dad.

But, it would have been nice to know my real father too, because as a child, I believed his reasons for running off were all about me - in reality, the reasons were probably more about debilitating fear.

It sounds like open adoption, even though I can imagine the adoptive parents feeling insecure, it could still be a really good option for the child. No kid wants to feel they were abandoned.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
D
Thank you, Deanna! We had a semi-open adoption with our daughter's birth mom. We exchanged pictures and letters through our adoption agency. I know her birth mom appreciated seeing them, and it helped give her peace with her decision. She has since passed away. Having her photos and letters, along with a few gifts she sent, will always be special.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oh Deanna, that is so beautiful.

My aunt had to give up a baby she had when she was in high-school. It was the early 1960s, and women just didn't have children "out of wedlock."

In the 1980s her son was able to track her down - and a LOT of healing has happened since then. Wow, it just occurs to me I have a cousin, and I could probably find him on Facebook LOL!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Moderated by  Deanna - Adoption Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.