Warning: This contain spoilers.

Average movie.
If this would not of been also a comedy it would of been a better movie. I do not mind a little comedy (actually laughed a few times [the captain crunch joke and a few times with the character of Depp which i did not know he was in there {took me a while to realise it was him - a few seconds but then i was not too sure}]) but in this it was too much and most was not even funny. Now Wallace is a jerk and he is heartless and a cheater too; does this mean that he deserves what happens to him? Maybe in some way but of course not to this extreme but since he was that way to start with I could not feel too much pity for him. The ending though is actually more screwed up than what that psychopath has done. To let someone live like that is seriously demented. Only people who do these kinds of things deserves that faith. If his friend and girlfriend really loves him then they would of find a way to kill him when they realised he would be left in that state. Also I want to add that sometimes you do not need gore and to show something to be sickening and effective and one of the scenes in that movie is a perfect example of this (when he is doing the last surgery - the images we see and the psycho talking is sooooooo scary and freaky and demented that not seeing is worst than if we would be seeing what he is doing). Some parts were almost scary but there is no tension really in the movie so I never was scared.
The special effects, makeup and script are average. The cinematography, editing, costumes, sets, music, acting and directing are good. The story is great.