logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#658320 01/25/11 11:45 AM
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Which cities in France have you most enjoyed visiting and why?

Share recommendations on
what to do,
which restaurants to dine in
and where to stay.

Here are mine...
France's Most Picturesque Cities

Melissa Demiguel
French Culture Editor

"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris...then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast."
Ernest Hemingway
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello everyone ...
Oh to have the money to just be able to travel and travel and never stop! I sm sure there are times when you would want to stop a while and for many reasons, but to be able to go on to the next beautiful place and site and event and experience and country has to be something out of this world?!

Of course I am talking now as a single person, and of course on my wish list would be a chance to meet like-minded travellers who are free to dip in and out of life's experience such as travel would allow.

Got to win the Lotto or sweepstakes or whatever. Ah, what a nice dream. 'Project Outreach' I could call it. Sometimes I think we are all so worried about what is in front of our noses (and of course we are) that we miss out on so much in thoughts even if not in action. I also wonder that we don't think bigger and better and more positively and grander and more openly and broader and all and all.

Inarticulate but I really liked this favourite cities in France article ... really got me thinking and so will go and visit all the other travel and culture sites on Bellonline forthwith! The next step will be to buy some of the travel books that abound - who knows where the imagination can take a person!

Chers

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
K
K
I love Provance and i really dream to go there one day.I'm going to see the beautiful lavender

J
J
You should go to Lyon Nice but not Marseille because it's a really dangerous. You can go to Nantes which is less famous but still, it's one of the biggest and best city where to live in France.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
K
To quote Audrey Hepburn, Paris is ALWAYS a good idea. I love the Bird Market, the sidewalk cafes, and people watching at the fountains across from the Eiffel Tower. That said, the parks are amazing - Europe really knows how to make parks - and the museums are to die for. You could spend a month at the Louvre and not see it all.

I could go on and on, but the fact remains that Paris is one of the world's greatest cities.

"....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." - John Lennon
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
I was in Rouen a few months ago. I'm afraid poor Joan of Arc wasn't in a position to enjoy it as much as I did. But she is memorialized there. It was a Sunday when I was there, so not much going on. However I walked around the old town which is really lovely. And, of course, saw the cathedral that has often been the subject of Monet paintings. And we left via the river Seine to the Normandy coast, admiring some beautiful scenery on the way.

Moderated by  FrenchCultureMelissa 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.