Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 121 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 120 121
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi Nancy. I am in the process of starting a new walking routine. After knee surgery I am amazed at how quickly my legs get tired. But been walking a little bit each day.

Be careful if you walk at night.

Take care.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Mona, it sounds so beautiful. My husband and I walked yesterday at a nearby park and the geese were out in full.

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Terri,

I hope your knee surgery was successful. When did you start walking again after that surgery?

I won't walk at night until Rafael Nadal is done with Wimbledon which starts on June 29. There's not a lot of lights here but this neighborhood is safe so I should be okay walking at night here (not the case in Ste-Florence - the big city where i was living before was much safer and it had gangs of drugs there!!!!). Until Ralfie is done in Europe I will walk in the morning (when he wont play right after my morning routine and when he will play after his match).

Take care,

Nancy smile

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Dang Nancy. Sorry to hear that, but evil is everywhere. It knows no bounds. I went on a walk today. We had a rain that brought on some warmer weather, for how long I don't know. I discovered that I like to take pictures of gnarly trees and trees in general. Funny that I've been in this body so long and just discovered that. Hmmmm

N
N
Jana,

About two weeks ago we had rain for a few hours (2-3) so I thought Spring was almost here but no. Winter is my favorite season so I am not complaining, it's just that cold wind. Our thermometer is crazy, it was at almost 20 degrees after I came back from my small walk crazy!

I'll be careful when I will walk at night.

I should get a camera to take pictures on my walks, it is beautiful here. Even the snow made beautiful like sculptures this Winter in my yard.

N
N
Just came back from a walk. It was 11:19 when I started and 11:30 when I finished.

The only differences from yesterday as far as the weather goes is that the sun was not playing hide and seek and the wind is a little bit less strong than yesterday. It was still very cold.

After the house where I stopped yesterday there's two small guard rails and I stopped in between the house and the rails today.

Also we can see more of the rocks and water. There's still way too much snow and ice on the beach but at one place we can see part of the beach so there too it's started to melt away. Must be the wind that is melting all that ice and snow since it is cold.

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Nancy, I always have trouble being convinced spring has arrived as it can depart again so quickly. At least the vegetation is springlike. (It will probably stay nice this week since I'm going away for a week tomorrow.)

No special walk today, tempting as it was, but I had a number of things to do, so I racked up 2-1/2 miles on foot.

Fortunately, although the weather can manage to be depressing and miserable for long spells, London rarely gets the sort of severe weather that Canada, New England and northern USA states regularly do. In fact, get a bit of snow and everything falls apart, people reacting as though somehow they'd thought they were living in Florida.

Waiting for Wimbledon to finish - maybe with Rafa victorious, or just out of the tournament - that's a long time. It'll already be past the solstice. You must have light nights well before then.

N
N
Mona,

I only follow Ralfie so when he loses then that tournament is finished for me. This will probably be my last year watching Tennis. I may watch next year but it is 100% sure that after 2016 no more Tennis for me (i will have a new healthy routine which means getting up at the same times).

Since we changed the time again we now have the sun until after 19:00. It rises after 5:00 (well after Ralfie lost in Miami i went to bed after 5:00 and the sun was starting to rise then).

Here except for seeing a few patches of grass here there's no signs of Spring. When I was young we would have many feet of snow in April so snow after Spring has begun is not a big surprise.

I hope you have a nice vacation,

Nancy

N
N
Just came back from a walk.

Today I stopped at the small guard rails.

There's almost no wind today but it is as cold as it was when it was strong plus it is coming from the sides which I find it more irritating than when it is right in my face.

There's more rocks showing in the water and in a few places I could see parts of the beach.

N
N
Just came back from a walk.

Today I stopped after the two guard rails, before the first house on the water's side.

There's a little wind today and it is cold but not arctic cold, it was on my face when I started the walk so I walked slower to come back home.

There's more grass showing today and a little more of the beach too. There's also a lot of Birds. Crows are going everywhere and Ducks and Gulls were in and near the water.

Page 37 of 121 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 120 121

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.