logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 194 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 193 194
Amoeba
Amoeba
Because I live with and cook for my family, it's been hard for me to stay on track with the kind of menus I want. My husband is an avowed carnivore and sweet eater while my son is a carb-aholic (pasta, bread).

My daughter is more like her father but thankfully, she just informed me that her body is craving lighter foods. For lunch, she wanted just some green juice (green veggies and fruit blend). She loves her ice cream though but everyone has a vice.

I finally reached a point where I will no longer let my family decide what I'm going to eat! Yes, they can eat whatever they like but I don't have to eat what they eat! What a revelation! Haha!

So, I went ahead and made my grapefruit-avocado salad which was so fresh and good while my husband bought some onion rings and a fast food fried chicken burger. (He just got out of the hospital with COPD and weakened pulmonary arteries, too. ugh.)

Usually, I would go along with what everyone else wants but I just can't do it anymore. And it feels so good. I'll be glad to make two different meals if it feels this good to me! Tonight, I'll have my vegetarian chili with brussels sprouts on the side but my husband would never eat it so he'll be having ham with cheesy scalloped potatoes.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Yesterday I had grape juice (the IGA name brand), Pepsi and Orange Crus with two toasts made with Gadoua white bread (no crusts - butter and maple caramel), Lay's wavy nature chips, two radishes, Selection frozen broccoli alfredo lasagna, two Gala apples, steak cut frozen fries with ketchup, white rice with tomato juice, most of a Les Aliments M&M poutine and No Name pretzel sticks.

I also took vitamins (with calcium in it).

N
N
I now doubt I drank some Orange Crush, this website is crazy right now and just that is messing with me, I stopped writing down the other types of drink so when I am not sure about that I cannot know like with the food that I write down always.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
This morning, I had a small cup of coffee with some cottage cheese and pineapple chunks on top.

Lunch was a small bowl of roasted brussels sprouts leftovers (I am positively addicted to them!) with a cheddar cheese stick. Water.

Snack: a few deviled eggs. Have to have an afternoon snack. Water.

Dinner: Corn and bean tostada salad with fresh cilantro-green onion salsa. Water and maybe a small glass of moscato. It probably doesn't match the meal but I prefer sweet wines.

Dessert: Well, I might have a tiny piece of homemade cherry pound cake since I baked it myself for some visitors last night or, if I can hold off, a few slices of apple.

N
N
Yesterday I had apple and grape juice (the IGA name brand), Pepsi and Orange Crush with three toasts made with fresh white bread (no crusts - butter), Lay's regular wavy chips, one Gala apple, Uncle Ben's broccoli and cheddar rice and cucumber, part of an Aero, No Name pretzel sticks, the poutine leftovers, Lay's regular wavy chips and macaroni with tomato juice.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My menu is low carb -- high protein.
High protein cereal with almond milk, coffee.
3 hardboiled eggs, two beef franks.
Snacks are cheese sticks -- low fat skim milk mozarella cheese and sugar free jellos -- as much as I want so will have another couple of them before bedtime.
Dinner will be Creole beans and rice (more beans than rice).
Judging by what I have already had to drink, I will drink about 3 1/2 quarts of water today -- some flavored (sugar free).

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
N
N
Yesterday I had peach juice (the IGA name brand), Pepsi and Orange Crush with three toasts made with the day's before fresh bread (no crusts - butter), white uncooked potatoes pan fried in vegetable oil, Lay's wavy regular chips, two Gala apples, fried rice (vegetable oil + scallops + white rice + green onions + soya sauce), part of an Aero, No Name pretzel sticks and part of a Les Aliments M&M poutine.

N
N
Yesterday I had apple juice (the IGA name brand), Pepsi and Orange Crush with two toasts made with the rest of the fresh bread (no crusts - butter), the poutine leftovers, two Gala apples, fries (with ketchup) and all dressed pizza (took the peperoni and green peppers out) from a restaurant in Mont-Joli (i know its a pizzeria and i think it has that word in the name of it), part of an Aero, No Name pretzel sticks, part of an Aero, the fried rice leftovers, Coaticook vanilla ice cream and No Name pretzel sticks.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Okay, so I see the pattern: When my daughter and I are on our own, we eat pretty healthfully. With the guys...my husband in particular...forget about it.

Weekends are tough. I told my daughter that we can eat well during the week and then on weekends, we can lighten up if we must.

This morning, I had a cup of coffee. For lunch, a Spam musubi with egg. Dinner: It's my son's birthday so we're heading out for an all-you-can-eat Japanese buffet and have a gorgeous tropical layer (guava-passion fruit-lime) cake for dessert.

I promise to be better tomorrow. smile

N
N
Yesterday I had orange juice (the IGA name brand), Pepsi and Orange Crush with two toasts made with Gadoua white bread (no crusts - butter and coconut spread), Selection frozen meat lasagna, some of the pizza leftovers, the rest of the Aero, No Name pretzel sticks, Lay's wavy nature chips, Les Aliments M&M potato patties and Boulangerie Grissol nature melba canapé cookies.

Page 37 of 194 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 193 194

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.