Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 299 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 298 299
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Jana,

I love Winter. Cold I dislike but we can always wear enough clothes to be comfortable. When it is hot we can get naked but it still will be hot blush haha smile.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
N
Angie.

Back then it was natural but not now. It is all because of our species. When we are long gone Earth will still be suffering from what we did.

N
N
Gordon,

So do you believe in climate change or not? Your first comment says you don't and the next one says you do. Maybe it's just me being tired crazy.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Nancy,

I'm a spring/fall kind of gal. I don't like the extremes in weather. I don't mind gloomy days either, if it's warm. There's something about the springtime thunderstorms and the crisp fall air, falling leaves and Halloween approaching.

N
N
Jana,

I love Spring and Autumn too. These two seasons are so special, they both have a special atmosphere.

I also love thunderstorms but my mom freaked out so much when there were one (she still does by the way) when I was young that to this day I at least have a few seconds during these that I am scared. One of the many things my parents did that scarred me.

G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Oh, I do believe in climate change, Nancy. I just don't believe in "climate-change-equals-global-warming". Earth's climate is definitely changing: cooling down in some places, hotting up in others, all depending on the heat emanating from the sun from time to time. But I am very strongly opposed to new laws that limit individual freedoms - laws passed on the that human activities might be to blame. That's not fair.

Last edited by Yvonnie-Inspired; 02/09/15 08:44 PM.
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Gordon, I agree with you. The climate fluctuates. There are forest fires and volcanic actions that are in many cases natural phenomena and they often contribute to changes in the climate. Granted not all fires are natural but many are. I have also read that meteorologists are computing their temperature charts differently also. Time will tell.

It does not hurt to be careful with our resources and not contribute unnecessarily. South America for instance is destroying many of their rain forests. It is a known fact that the rain forest are essential to maintaining our climate and their destruction can cause big changes.

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Mona, what kind of a cruise are you on?

N
N
Gordon,

You do know that we all need air to breath, water to drink and food to eat to be able to continue to live?

Even if human beings were not so worthless (im being nice to our species here) we still would be destroying Earth and every living beings and every non-living things because of the number of us alive. We are taking too much space as it is so combine this to the negative things we do it is a wonder why Earth is still standing and that there are still vegetation standing, animals alive in the wild, breathable air, drinkable water and eatable food!

G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Nancy. I am not going to admit whether I knew those things you mentioned, or not. Guess. PARAGRAPH HERE We could make a fun argument (no sarcasm allowed, though!) if we talked about what might be causing some of the alleged warming in the atmosphere. Water-vapour is the most prevalent greenhouse-gas, if my information is correct, and methane is the second-most. The greatest generator of methane on earth is cattle, if it's not the tundra when it's thawing each year. So what mankind perhaps ought to do is to destroy all the cattle. Or eat them, of course. It could be argued - in this fun argument of ours - that [i]vegetarians[/i]*** are the curse of the earth, because they eat the very stuff that the atmosphere needs more of, and they decline to eat the beasts that produce methane. Shame on them! *** even worse than factory-owners PARAGRAPH HERE My son is a veggie, and one of his daughters is too. Even worse, they live in [i]Norway[/i] where it is a national law that all residents must eat at least five kilos of cheese a day. Cheese is a by-product of the methane-producing champions (cows), so vegetarian chees-eaters are [i]twice[/i]-cursed. If you've read my blog (and if you haven't I sincerely invite you to do so) you will know that I was brought up on a sheep-farm, where my Dad raised sheep for consumption by townies. I have never before had the wit to wonder how much methane sheep produce, or what the cumulative effect was of all the methane that Dad's few thousand sheep produced. Maybe Dad was to blame, just as much as the factories. We as a family ate a sheep every ten days, but I don't think that our modest diet would have made much difference to the ozone layer. What do you reckon? PARAGRAPH HERE Last thing, though: I also wonder if sheep and cows (my aunt's husband raised cattle, I'm sorry to say) are more to blame, or less, than the industrial revolution and its fiery furnaces. Are there any statistics on that? PS. I wish I knew how to make paragraphs! Sorry.

Last edited by Gordon Barlow; 02/09/15 05:46 PM.
Page 44 of 299 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 298 299

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.