Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 299 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 298 299
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Rosie52,

Now not too much. We (at least where i live anyway) have lots of days without rain then we have a little rain or heavy rain that does not last a long time. Rain that last a long time is now rare. I do not hear about droughts happening here so not a lot of rain does not seem like a negative thing.

The big difference from when I was young is snow. Here before October we would have a lot of snow and now when we arrive in December it is not rare to still see grass in some or most places.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
N
Yesterday it was partly cloudy and foggy on/off.

It was foggy off/on during the night.

When I went to bed it was calm.

It was mostly cloudy when I got up.

N
N
I will start coming back here again every day from now on.

My new city is awesome. Right in front of my house is a big body of water (thought it was a sea but apparently it is the Fleuve Saint-Laurent ~ made a translation online and it said that this is a river which is weird since it has another name which is rivière). We had snow before everyone else but it did not stay for long except for a few spots here and there, we have lots of wind here (the first real snow when we opened the door all the snow came into the house ~ we will have to close the porch up or get used to that every time it snows) and this takes away the snow. Last night it started snowing and we have lots this morning, it is very beautiful outside. A few days ago a few spots near the water had ice and yesterday there were a few bigger spots with ice, it should be very beautiful when there will be lots of ice. Sometimes the waves are high. The water can come very fast too. During one of the first days here I was on rocks (the last ones) and after about one or two minutes looking at the never ending water I turned around and the spot I had walked on directly behind me and water, thankfully it was just a small spot so I was able to come back to the beach. It is a small beach but we can walk for hours both ways on it (when theres no water of course ~ normally when the water is high the beach remains there but sometimes that too is below the water) which I have yet to do. If that wind stops the heat from coming during Summer I will be very happy since I hate hot weather. A few days here it got very cold.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Nancy-

Home sounds amazing!!! I love living near the water. I wish I could say it meets me at my front door. I have to walk 3.5 blocks to get to my waterfront.

Nonetheless, I love it dearly.

I'm in Chicago & it is COLD!!!!!!!! The city is crisp and freezing, 13 degrees Fahrenheit, but feels like -5F.

Looking forward to traveling south for the holiday in hopes of seeing autumn trees and experiencing the variable weather conditions. I love Winter, but I truly miss Autumn. Wish it wasn't so elusive these days.

And how about the rest of you? How is it where u r?

Last edited by Yvonnie-Inspired; 11/18/14 06:37 AM.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yvonnie,

I always loved the water so I am in heaven right now as far as the environment is concerned. Plus it is not polluted unlike Ste-Florence where not only was that water polluted it was smelly also (not to forget all the dumps and garbage everywhere).

Here too it is cold but not that much, I did not have gloves on plus the only thing I had on my head was the hoody of my shirt and the coat is one that is not made for very cold weather and I did not get cold (only went out for 2 appointments at the same place but still im often cold even when everyone else is not).

Do you walk to the water even in Winter?

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Hi Nancy, I am located about 40 miles west of Chicago, IL and the weather here has been frigid and wind chill ridden.

Today we sent a new record of a the earliest low! I believe it was 9 this morning and with wind chill was at -11!!

Tomorrow we will get between 2-4" of snow! and by Saturday perhaps 50! Oh dear~ mother nature is sure quirky!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
N
N
Mary,

Hi smile. I am jealous of all the snow you have but not the cold!

N
N
Yesterday it was partly cloudy.

The night was calm.

It was the same when I went to bed.

When I got up it was mostly cloudy.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Yes Nancy-

I do walk to the water in the winter. Right now it is so frigid I have to walk in my down coat and winter boots.

Still cold here. The weekend promises to warm a bit. But, I'll be leaving for southern states.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yesterday it was mostly cloudy.

The night was calm.

It was the same when I went to bed.

When I got up it was mostly sunny.

Page 27 of 299 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 298 299

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.