logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#818836 04/30/13 03:40 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I can't help it but I don't have consistent eating patterns. Like one day I will over eat, then the next day not eat anything at all. I also feel really ugly. It's just people say that looks aren't everything, but I feel like they really are.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I don't have consistent eating patterns either. It's tough when we struggle with our thoughts and beliefs. All the urges and cravings really aren't about the food itself but how we feel when we eat the food.

You sound young. I'm older and can share that I have battled with this for a looooong time. Finally, finally, I am at peace and only now the weight is taking care of itself.

How? It's a long explanation really but I've found that the very best and most successful way to win this war is to start with the inside. Once you learn to love and like yourself, it will become easier to treat yourself well.

Overeating and eating high fat-high sugar foods is a form of self-medicating the emotional emptiness and hidden pain we carry.

Start by loving yourself and improving yourself on the inside. The outside will take care of itself. This is so true.

By overeating then starving yourself, you are torturing your poor body. But somewhere deep down, you don't believe you deserve better.

PM me and I can share more.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Well said, Lori. Another thing too is that if people are overeating, it is also partly because they aren't eating the nutritious foods and their bodies are literally starving to death for some healthy food. Sugar and empty carb foods are addictive too and the more you eat of them, the more you want to eat.

I used to suffer from depression when I was younger and I know it was a good deal to do with my eating habits. I too would overeat one day, hate myself for it and then starve myself the next day. I started studying nutrition and how to give my body super nutrition and started eating 3 smaller meals and 2 snacks a day so my blood sugar stayed level. The depression and overeating stopped.

I learned to love cooking and trying new recipes and learning about healthy foods. The more I learned, and the better I felt, the less I thought about overeating. It became more natural to feed my body just what it needed.

I hope that helps!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Sounds great, Joan, and it makes sense. Lori....I agree with you, you have to start with taking care of the inside before the outside can catch up.

msac.....start to focus on the inner you. You need to not only provide proper nourishment for your physical body, but you have to start taking care of your mind and your heart. What are you missing or yearning for in your life? Start to strive for it. Make yourself a priority. Meditate or sit in nature for healing and for tuning in to your heart. You will find answers to what you are missing and need to do. I bet you have neglected yourself in many ways, and now it is time to make yourself important to you.

Remember....you are loved, you are special, and you are not alone. Strengthen your faith in what you believe, lean into it, and I bet it will help you as well. You deserve to be happy, but only you can figure out what it is that drives you and has meaning for you. Start a hobby you have wanted to try, help others by volunteering, or spend time with people you care about whom you have been putting off seeing. Whatever makes you happy and builds confidence for you will help you to move forward and gain the strength needed to make healthy changes in your life.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Great advice, Debbie. Hobbies and volunteering can certainly help us feel more confident and help us make friends. I take classes at my local YMCA and besides getting lots of exercise, I've made some great friends there too.

I think these sorts of things can really make us feel better about ourselves. It's hard sometimes but when I feel critical of myself, I think "My best friend wouldn't say these things about me so I shouldn't either!"

R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
Make some proper eating schedule and follow them This will help you if you follow them regularly

i used to be overeating,and when am in bad mood ,i eat too much to give vent,now i do my best to control myself,and i make a eating schedule and follow it,i feel better.

What about learning about nutrition and how what we eat (or don't eat) affects your body? It sounds like there are a lot of emotions tied up in your eating habits. Maybe taking an academic approach will help you separate your feelings from your eating. When we really understand the way our actions affect our health it becomes harder to do the damage. I would also say that dealing directly with these emotions is an ESSENTIAL piece of this puzzle. If you are super young - do you have family or older friends who might be supportive? A counselor at school? If you are older, definitely look into counseling or group therapy on some level. Many areas have non-profit groups that might do this for free. You will not be able to break this cycle until you get a handle on the psychological turmoil that's causing it.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I definitely agree that dealing with the emotions is key. It then impacts so many other areas of life.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.