Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
In today's busy world, it can be difficult to remember to connect with our spiritual side, let alone to carve out time to do something. But even the smallest acts nurture our souls. And it could be anything, depending upon your religion:

- Meditating.
- Lighting a candle.
- Dusting off your home altar.
- Gardening in your Wiccan herb garden.
- Saying the rosary.
- Studying a verse from Bible, Torah, or Qur'an.
- Writing in your Book of Shadows or Book of Mirrors.
- Doing volunteer work with your church.
- Doing artwork.
- Working with healing energy.
- et cetera.

Here is a thread for everybody of all religions to celebrate what spiritual practice you manage to do each day, and to remind you to make time for it. Please feel free to post about your daily spiritual practice.

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.
* Fun BellaOnline forum games here.
* My books on paganism starting at 0.99 cents.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Okay, tonight is the night of the New Moon, but I already know that I won't have time to do an esbat (Wiccan/pagan moon ritual). However, I did manage to dust off my home altar to the Goddess, make an offering of fresh water, light a candle, and say a prayer about everything I'm grateful for.

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Hi Ro,

I have a practice that I do regularly that keeps me in tune with the spirit world. Its kinda hard to explain but I put on an “extra” set of ears when people are casually talking around or to me. It can be at a family thing or people over for dinner or whatever. It can come in the simplest of conversations about most anything but how something is said can be interpreted in a message just for me. It can also be an answer to a prayer that I said earlier to the great Mother. For instance, Someone could say, “That pepper on the grill is going to get dark and crusty if you don't reposition it”.' Maybe my prayer earlier was, “Why does my presence turn people off sometimes?” My answer came in the form of the fact that I get dark and crusty and I must reposition my focus.

I have also heard people say something just “off the cuff” so to speak, but in their voice I heard a far deeper meaning about whats really going on inside of them. For instance a young mother could say something like,”I cranked up this top for my baby and it just spins and spins and never seems to end. I may have heard a tiny desperation in her voice that her world spins around endlessly. To me it is a chance to get my own messages but may also allow me to say a word or two to another person that can help lighten their load???

Does that sound weird? Maybe you have had that happen to you as well? Anyway that works for me sometimes when I need answers.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Ancientflaxman, thank you for the comment! That's fascinating, not weird at all. I had to think about if I'd ever experienced something similar and then I realized that I've received messages sometimes through printed word. Like I'll see a billboard or advertisement when I'm going about my day, or I'll read a line of dialog in fiction, and I realize that it has significance to me. Definitely a message. I don't often get this, but it's special when it happens. I've never had it happen with the spoken word, though! I'm going to pay more attention to this and see if something develops. ) Thank you for sharing!

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Ancient flax man!!!!

It's been a really long time since we connected. So happy to see you here.

I use extra ears and Ro, I get written messages too. I tend to use the ears more often though.

Today, I meditated, I listened, I followed directions (given to me by Spirit), I set my intentions, I cared for my herbs, I wrote in my journal, and I expressed gratitude for the subtle hints that I understood today.

Its always better to get the subtle hints; otherwise, they get loud and irritating.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Hey Yvonnie., Sup girl? I figured you would know all about this!! That teaching ,nurturing, spirit you know !! I have missed you! dave

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Aww Dave,

You make me smile. I've missed you too.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Yvonnie, you and Ancientflaxman posting here are keeping me on the right track. I've been SO swamped lately! The best I could do the last three nights was to light a candle to the Goddess at my home altar and offer fresh water. I really want to incorporate more of a prayer practice, a rune study, and expand my herb garden, but I need a spare moment! Of course the point of this thread is to reclaim those spare moments for the spiritual practice.

And that's so interesting that you and he both get the spoken messages! Before this, it hadn't occurred to me to look beyond the occasional written. smile

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Today I cleared off my home altar to the Goddess, cleaned everything, and put it back together. Placed fresh water on the altar as an offering. Said a prayer. Tried to clear up the clutter in the adjacent areas. smile

What spiritual practice did you do today?

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I'm embarrassed to admit that except for an esbat celebration for the Honey (full) Moon that just happened on Friday, I haven't done anything spiritual in two weeks. This is what happens. We get too overwhelmed with the mundane details of life (such as our jobs) and soon we're not making time for things like exercise and spirituality which are good for us. So, this is a reminder to myself to make time.

What spiritual practice did you do today?

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.