Print Thread
Page 9 of 299 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 298 299
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Val-

Mother Earth is working diligently to get back into shape (for lack of better terms). The weather seems strange to many, but it is in divine order.

Chicago is holding steady in the moderate temps (except yesterday somehow, magically crept up to 80 something). It is perfect to me (but my children say I say that everyday). Of course, in my mind, when the days are very hot, I can hear myself saying, "Phew! It's a hot one!"

So, Val, where are you? Ireland? (Of course Planet Earth, at least today;)

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Nancy-

My girls & I have pretty tough skin. We tend to attract the nicer folk in the craziest of places.

The idea of separatism comes from a need to feel better than others. One day we will all come to realize we truly are equal and there is no need to be better. We'll be so "whole healthy" that we will want "whole health" for everyone else; equality.

We'll be fine & we greatly appreciate the warning. Having the knowledge will help us understand when/if we get one of those looks (lol).

We just got back from St. Maarten. With our 1 hour of free time on the French side of the island, my oldest daughter decided to try her linguistic skills in French. One shop owner told her that she spoke English. My daughter kept trying. The shop owner stressed, firmly, that she spoke English. My daughter firmly told her, in French, "I heard you the first time. I want to practice my French." The shop owner smiled and the rest of our visit was in broken-French.

Cultural experiences spark me. I love them. I'm present in them and tend to enjoy them and respond well to them because of that presence. I'll let you know how it goes when we complete that trip.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Yvonnie,

Places like St Maarten must be like paradise!

The fartest I have been is Ottawa for a few hours two different times.

I almost went to an island like where you went to years ago when I had a job and lots of money (after Shumi retired from Ferrari...that money was to go see him in Italy...i had that money about 1 month after he retired) but tarentulas is what stopped me from doing it. The Seychelles Islands was at the top of my list and apparently I made a good choice in not going by going by the comments of the people who went there, they say there's tarentulas everywhere and webs everywhere.

Germany is a place I would love to go (i even would go live there for the rest of my life) I also would love to speak that language.

N
N
Val,

My parents told me many times that in the seventies it was very violent for a while. There was this extreme group that was for the separation and they kidnapped people and one man was killed.

Thankfully nothing like that has happened since. Sometimes there's one or more that just go crazy and beat up someone in the name of Quebec, most of them are drunk when they do that.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Yvonnie, actually, New Mexico, which is the high desert. We get all four seasons, but we're always hurting for water (except for maybe the last few days). I've only been to Chicago once and only for three days, but I loved it. Three days just isn't enough. I saw and did everything I could, but didn't even get to make it out to the Skydeck at the Sears Tower! I'm hoping to come back soon so I can spend longer just seeing everything.

Nancy, I could believe some weird stuff happening in Quebec in the 1970s. It seems like the 1970s was a time of intense radicalism all over the United States and Canada. It's hard to believe how anarchic it was when we look back now from forty or so years later...

N
N
Val,

Talked about it after my comment here with my mom and she told me these maniacs also put many bombs all over the province. Most of them were able to flee anf then came back years later and received nice paying jobs.

I was born in 1976 so I did not get to really live this decade.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Nancy, I'm a little bit older than you then, enough so to remember the 1970s. smile That's scary about the bombs, though. And it doesn't seem fair that so many of those people experienced no consequences for their actions.

N
N
Val,

People not having to experience consequences for their actions is nothing new, it (and many other things) is getting worst by the day.

Except for these groups the seventies looked cool. Not better than the eighties though smile haha.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
It's been raining in Chicago. I'm enjoying it with tea.

Right now, it's in the 80s F, cloudy, a bit humid and windy.

Bring it on!

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
N
N
Yesterday before my walk it was cloudy, windy off/on and raining on/off. It was the same during my walk. It was the same after my walk.

The night was windy off/on and raining off/on.

When I went to bed it was windy on/off.

When I got up it was partly cloudy and windy off/on.

Page 9 of 299 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 298 299

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.