logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Z
Z
Hi Lestie, Now I am confused. You said you opened a new thread on the microgreens topic. I don't see it in the forums so asked where it is to leave a post, as this one is for lurking comments. What's the name of the thread so I can post to it? My earlier question may not have been clear enough. No outside gardening in Kentucky, USA today. The expected high today is 14F, -10C. I hope it's brght and sunny in your windows! Zoe

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Oh my Gooodness Zoe, we are in Summer here in Johannesburg, magnificent blue hot skies 28C plus with magical thunder and lightning rain storms so typical at the end of the day.

All gardens are soaking it in, ideal conditions for so much and the blossoms and butterflies and blooms and birds are all in overdrive.

I love it. And even though winter will be coming to us, well, I am a sissie when it comes to comparisons. Here our cold winters hang around 12C. Imagine that - and usually the skies are crisp and blue blue; it's enough to lift anyone's spirits.

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
Z
Z
Hi Lestie, I envy you your glorious summer weather. Before moving back to the southeastern USA, I lived in the Southwest, New Mexico, in the high desert. Big Blue skies there, and awe-inspiring cloud formations and sunsets. Maybe I can post a few pictures of it sometime. I lived in a fairly remote area. It was an altitude of around 1.6km and 65km from town. Very quiet and peaceful. I left thinking I needed more people contact, yet often miss the quiet and solitude. The area was intensely beautiful and soothing to the spirit. I found it difficult to leave. Sunflowers grew wild there immense fields of them like smiling crowds waving in the sunny breezes. Cheers,

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hi Zoe, you write so well my imagination is satisfied. Maybe where you are you will consider growning a sunflower in a suitable container? Could be a speciman plant and of course would need enough sun - but if you can't, then perhaps you can consider some other type of balcony or wall decor using a sunflower motif to remind you of the joy of those days and to celebrate you new choices.

Cheers then to she who does not lurk! smiling!

Lestie Mulholland

Z
Z
A sunflower would be nice. I want to do a lot of herbs though as I use them for medicine. The wheat grass article will be interesting, can't wait to read it. I made wheat grass and drank the juice way back, like 1970s. Good stuff, healthy too!

Z
Z
Greetings Lestie! Did you receive the message I sent you a few weeks ago through your newsletter contact page? I'm still getting your forum post and newsletter. Cheers!

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hi Zoe - no I did not, so sorry that you have not had a reply, I will search for it and get back to you soon. Am pleased you are still getting the CG newsletter and forum posts - life is good not so?

Hope you are well today!

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland

Z
Z
Hi Lestie, My emails to you and two others were sent through the contact the editor link at your newsletter page. I received automatic responses that they had gone through. ========================================================================================================================================= We're about six weeks from spring here-broccoli in the window sill sound pretty? Hope there's lot's of sunshine in your world.

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hello Zoe,

I did not get your emails so don't understand what has happened.

Can I help you with something? Please let me know - perhaps you have a general email address I can use?

Thanks and hope you are well today,

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hello one and all,

Seems like LURKERS UNITED is still strong and doing well in the league reading season.

Do you have any container-related questions or observations? Lessons learnt, successes or failures? Challenges? None? Okay then... what have your gardening experiences been like recently - cold winter, green spring and all.

'Come along now' as they say in classrooms all over the world, why not join in and say your say.

I look forward to hearing from you, cheers now

Lestie Mulholland

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.